I really need help! It's about online friendships..?

It's a really long story but I'll try to break it up. I've been friends with this guy I met online for about 2 months. He works as a professional fighter/boxer. We recently confessed to each other that we like each other..uhm..he lives about an hour away from where I live. I've seen all his... show more It's a really long story but I'll try to break it up.
I've been friends with this guy I met online for about 2 months. He works as a professional fighter/boxer. We recently confessed to each other that we like each other..uhm..he lives about an hour away from where I live. I've seen all his photos, his fights on youtube, his webcam...it's the same person..so I know it's not a pedophile. He seems really nice and we were suggesting to meet one day but he's flying overseas in a couple of days..he lives overseas. I told my mum about him and stuff and I asked her again today to see if she's okay with me and him being friends online. She said: 'what if he's not a good person? You can be friends with people in your school..that's enough. You can't tell if people are good or bad even in real life, let alone online'
That really crushed me and she said she's gonna cut our internet if she finds out we're still talking.
She said stuff about fighters being hot tempered and dangerous.
Oh he's also got tattoos but they're done by a monk and protected you from evil stuff.
Lol..help me I really want to stay friends with him. Is there any way I can prove to my mum that he's a good person? Coz I've seen him on webcam and talked to him over the internet..so I know what he sounds like...
She refuses to watch his videos and view his photos..
Thanks guys
xo
Update: Nah..I'm not even gonna risk inviting him over for dinner or lunch. We said if we ever met, we'd go meet at the shopping center and go see a movie because he's being cautious as well. Thanks :) We planned on meeting next year because he trains overseas but he's actually from Australia (where... show more Nah..I'm not even gonna risk inviting him over for dinner or lunch. We said if we ever met, we'd go meet at the shopping center and go see a movie because he's being cautious as well. Thanks :)
We planned on meeting next year because he trains overseas but he's actually from Australia (where I'm from). So he comes for holidays and stuff. I'm aware of danger on the internet...but I seriously would not invite him over to our house for lunch. Somewhere very public :)
8 answers 8