Pessimism regarding Extra terrestrial life? ?

Am I the only one here that believes that we are alone in the universe? That the fact that any matter exists at all is because of the size of the universe relative to the size of quantum particles? the whole "yES BUT THE UNIVERSE IS SO BIG LOL1!1" thing doesn't mean anything. Simple life forming... show more Am I the only one here that believes that we are alone in the universe? That the fact that any matter exists at all is because of the size of the universe relative to the size of quantum particles?

the whole "yES BUT THE UNIVERSE IS SO BIG LOL1!1" thing doesn't mean anything. Simple life forming anywhere in the known universe shouldn't have happened merely because (carbon based) DNA is incredibly complex and is impossible to replicate from scratch even intentionally.

We know, atleast mathematically, the chances of finding a good enough planet for life is tiny, and even then, all the right things need to happen to form life. Then, that needs to continue to happen for the life to survive and evolve.

Even the biggest thing we know exists (The Universe) doesn't hold a big enough set of opportunities for this to happen even once let only many times, and this is not just assumption - there have been calculations with variables that allow life to form suggesting there is no other life in the universe, and that all humans and animals were a tiny accident.

Feel free to say anything regarding this, but I'm sure the universe is a just a huge expanding sea of inanimate rocks with one tiny planet in a tiny galaxy with an infestation, caused by a tiny accident.
10 answers 10