Advance Physics research topics that invovles Math?

Does anyone know any Physics research topics that invovle at least a little Math calculation?

I'm supposed to do a research at school and it must be related to math in some ways, and I prefer Physics topics and maybe add a little calculation in it to fullfill the requirements.

I am interested in basic advance physics, at least, that's why I'm good at (Time dilation, polarization--my favorite, light and color, quantum, muons, etc.) any thing in that subject that I can use at a research topic??

Thanks.

by basic advance physics is sort of like first year uni stuff... my math is the same level, but i want mainly physics.

Best Answer

Try thermodynamics, specifically Entropy. If you need a specific type of event that this applies to, an engines cycle. Something else you could use is a cold glass of water that transfers heat and cold between the liquid and the open air through glass.

Entropy applies to the first law of thermodynamics and goes into the second.

Some of the topics can be found in wikipedia or online in other books.

I have done a research that can diagnose any dis-functionality in a space.

I want to develop the system, as it can also correct the dis-functionality.

• eri

This question is kinda hard to answer. Are you in high school or college? What grade/year? How much math have you taken? What do you mean by 'basic advanced physics'?

• maybe quantum computing is an interesting topic. quantum computers 'would' be millions of times stronger than the present supercomputers

How about quanta graphs?

and how mathematicians and physicists are putting together graphs and tables to find the one true equation for force?

Or how physicists were trying to describe the way atoms work together or something or rather and how the mathematician was checking their work and he said, good job you created matrix multiplication.

friction is a good topic, and so is momentum or gravitation.