Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

A Question about Vagisil..?

I have a yeast infection so I asked my mom to take me to the doctor, but she said I should just get some cream for it. So she bought me Vagisil but on the box it says "relief of itching" it doesn't say it cures yeast infections at all... but she said it would cure it.

I'm confused whether or not it will actually get rid of the infection or just make the itching go away.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Vagisil relieves symptoms, it does not treat the cause.

Natural protocol for yeast infections:

Garlic capsules 2 caps 3x daily (fights the infection)

Biotin 300 mcg 3x daily (inhibits yeast growth)

Probiotic 2 caps daily (restores normal bacterial balance)

Vitamin C 2000-5000 mg daily (improve immunity)

Tea Tree Oil applied topically (fight infection, reduces itching)

Avoid sugar, fruit, refined carbohydrates, alcohol, and all dairy products except yogurt.

Vagisil suppose to help kill and alleviate some of the irritation that comes along later with the bacterial build up (it is really helpful, but it doesn't cure yeast infection). Just eat some plain yogurt. It contains helpful bacteria (live cultures, including acidophilus and bifidus) that destroy yeast. Also reduce or eliminate your sugar and sugary food intake.

The link below tell you more about vagisil!

Listen to your mom..Vagisil does work...believe me she probably has had a few yeast infections before in her lifetime.