Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicClassical · 1 decade ago

Modern Classical Composer who includes weird noises like toasters popping?

I'm looking for the name of this composer that recently (07/08) released an album that is definitely classical music but he also put random sounds into the record like toasters popping and other weird noises like that. Anyway does anyone know his name? I think possibly he was Asian-ish if that helps...

If you have no answer to this then you can just give me the name of some NEW classical composers that rock, not like the old stuff you always hear ya know?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Stephen G has already mentioned my prome suspect here - Malcolm Arnold. Another would be Erik Satie, whose ballet 'Parade' uses a number of such sounds (a typewriter, a foghorn, milk bottles, pistol shots, rattles, sirens, etc etc). My money would be on this.

• Ann
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Vaughan Williams Ravel Shostakovich Dutillieux Prokofiev

• Kalen
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

John Cage

• 1 decade ago

David Gillingham has played with some interesting sound effects.

The original is John Cage.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

FWIW Ligeti's overture for his opera Le Grand Macabre is scored for old motor horns, and his Poeme Symphonique requires 100 metronomes.

Malcolm Arnold's Grand Grand Overture is scored for 3 vacuum cleaners, a floor polisher, 4 rifles and orchestra.

• 1 decade ago

try the cinematic orchestra that's modern classical with ambient noise in the mix they also do some sampling you would probably like it

• 1 decade ago

try Steve Reich

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

jim brickman's got some neat stuff. it's kinda classical.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.