Is mma popular in Japan?

Pride co promoted with K-1 and sold 91,000 seats(omg!) and had another mma only event that had around 67,000 people. The dream end of the year show had a t.v rating of 13.1! I don't want to sound stupid because it must be pretty popular to sell like that, but If anyone has ever been to japan is it really... show more Pride co promoted with K-1 and sold 91,000 seats(omg!) and had another mma only event that had around 67,000 people. The dream end of the year show had a t.v rating of 13.1! I don't want to sound stupid because it must be pretty popular to sell like that, but If anyone has ever been to japan is it really popular? Do kids have heroes like Fedor and dream of becoming mma fighters like some kids here do? And is japan proof that mma can surpass boxing in popularity? Answers are greatly appreciated.
Update: Edit: I know the organizations and stuff but how big is it in japan? Do kids talk about it in school? Do they look up to the fighters? I want as many people who have been to japan to answer.