promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Whats a good side dish for meatloaf?

BESIDES mashed potatoes?? any ideas?

Please, nothing that has a bazillion ingredients that noone actually keeps... lol

Update:

please... i have almost everything i might need and if nothing else i can go buy it...

33 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Corn! We always have meatloaf, potatoes and corn...oh and a roll.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Delicious Paleo Recipe Guide - http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?rocn
  • 3 years ago

Side Dishes For Meatloaf

• caryn
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Meatloaf Sides

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Trish
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I like to bake some side dishes in the pan with the meatloaf, almost like a pot roast, so they give each other flavor. I would suggest quartered potatoes with the skin on, carrots, and onions (leave small or medium onions whole; quarter large onions). You can either mix all of these together and serve them as a single dish, or have three different rows in the pan so that you can easily scoop them out as three different sidedishes. Whether mixed or separate, put a layer of vegetables at the bottom of the pan, then put the meatloaf on top of it and bake.

By the way, if you were already planning on mashed potatoes, it's okay to have these potatoes, too. They are different enough to be a separate dish.

I also like to have cottage cheese with meatloaf.

• 1 decade ago

I always have baked potatoes when I make meat loaf. Another option would be boiled potatoes with mushroom gravy. Had that with my pork roast for Christmas and everyone was happy with that. Twice baked potatoes would be great. Baked beans would be a good side dish to serve. A cheesy potato would be yummy as well.

• 1 decade ago

Roasted potatoes tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper, dried herbs and roasted for 45 mins on 350.

Puree of Cauliflower with a touch of heavy cream and salt, blended with a hand mixer or food processor.

Sweet Potato Mashed, with a tsp. brown sugar, salt/pepper, and 1 pat of butter, mixed with a hand mixer

Rolls

Cheesy broccoli

Salad with lots of good stuff in it

Sauteed mushrooms with some onions

Sauteed spinach

Cheesey grits (make quick cooking grits and add in a few chunks of Velveeta -- it is to die for!!!)

• 1 decade ago

EGG NOODLES WITH SOUR CREAM

8 oz. egg noodles

1 c. sour cream

2 tbsp. butter

2 green onions, chopped

1 c. Parmesan cheese

1/8 tsp. nutmeg

Cook egg noodles and drain. Melt butter in large saucepan. Add 1 green onion, sour cream, cheese and nutmeg. Add to egg noodles; toss lightly to coat noodles. Sprinkle remaining green onion on top.

**A vegetable medley (broccoli, carrot, cauliflower) could also accompany your meal. ENJOY!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Many simple dishes:

~macaroni and cheese (shells are preferred)

~green beans

~dinner rolls or biscuits

~black eyed peas

~peas in general

~any beans

~simple salads compliment the meat loaf

~corn

~brocolli (w/ or w/o cheese)

~etc.

In North Carolina, USA, this is considered a SOUTHERN dinner.

Source(s): my momma (lol)
  • 3 years ago

fruit grows on forest or vines and fresh vegetables grow in the land.

• henke
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Normally i would just say fruit, but i think both. I like the sweet taste of the fruits but i love the tart and kick the produce bring

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.