getting back in shape?

After I have the baby, I want to know some healthy ways of losing weight without feeling like I am exhausted all the time. I only want to be in shape so I can keep up with my son and be an active parent in his life. I want to be supportive of whatever sports he chooses to be in and also encourage him to take on a healthy life style.

I am single mother to be, so I know I have to be in shape to keep track on my child who will be with me most of the time.

Thanks

• Yogini
    Favorite Answer

You're going to have to carve out time during naps or before the baby gets up. When the baby is just a baby then it's a bit easier. Toddler not so much. I would invest in some good workout DVD's and some yoga DVD's: ones I love: Turbo Jam, ChaLean Extreme, Tae Bo, Janis Saffell, Tony Horton.... yoga DVD's start with beginner: Baron Baptiste, Shiva Rea, Sean Corne, Rodney Yee. Don't underestimate the power of a good walk with the baby in a good walking/running stroller. Don't exercise until the doc gives the OK. Mix it up a lot and definitely get some resistance training in there. Yoga does that but most of the DVD's I recommended have some resistance components. Eat cleanly. Fish, chicken (limit red meat) tofu, steamed veggies, salads, fruits, complex carbohydrates not white bread or white flours and sugars. Eliminate as much sugar as possible but don't deprive yourself. If you want a brownie every now and again then have one or have half. It's all about balance. Good luck and good health!

A great way of exercising is getting a dvd that you can use at home - check out ebay for some cheap ones because at this time of the year most people are looking at getting rid of dvds they have never used or look in the sales in your local electronic stores.

You need to build a routine where you can - exercise is generally best in the morning, so if you could wake up then exercise, you don't have to think about it for the rest of the day! A few times a week and healthy eating would make a real difference, try to find a dvd with a few 30 mins work outs.

Good luck honey :-)

well there is plenty you can do from your own home without having to get a sitter to go to the gym. just remember that cardio is whatever gets your heart rate up for extended amounts of time. your best bet is to do some exercises that target multiple muscle groups. try doing jump squats for about 20 reps, go straight into pushups, rest...then do it all over again. after 5 rounds of this, start doing some ab exercises and if you ever have time to run after your workouts, do.

you can find more info and exercises for women on my site

Source(s): http://www.fitness-industries.com - tons of free fitness info free exercises, workouts, articles, tips, and more...just to help you out

I am very glad that you have chosen the right path towards a great life. Try to plan fun activities that you and your son will enjoy. I would do the following: a walk in the park, sign up for a gym, and you could also buy a treadmill machine. Of course, you need to eat correctly so that everything balances out at the end. WISHES OF LUCK!

Here is a great site:

http://health.discovery.com/ads/ad_interstitial_fi...