Ruth
Ruth asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

BBQ chicken wings with sauce on them in the oven?

How long do they have to bake? I usually bake my chicken for one hour but just wings? I put the timer on 25 minutes will that be enough, don't want anyone to get sick.

trying to stay on a diet by eating baked chicken and fresh vegetables.

half a potatoe but they cooked for almost an hour and they were slimey.

I like them crunchy, like when you fry them.

Best Answer

Barbecue Chicken Wings

3 pounds whole chicken wings

2 cups ketchup

1/2 cup honey

2 tablespoons lemon juice

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

2 tablespoons soy sauce

2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon paprika

4 garlic cloves, minced

1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Place wings in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.

In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Drain chicken wings; add to slow cooker. Drizzle with remaining sauce. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour, basting occasionally

I make hot wings using the broiler, they come out great. Crispyness depends on how long I leave them in for the sauce to cook down. If you would like to grill them I would suggest using a brine in order to maintain moisture in the meat. Usually about a 1/4 cup of Kosher salt per gallon(?) of water. I don't know the exact measurements since I just eyeball it according to the size of the pieces of chicken I am grilling. You also have to be careful as how long you leave them in the brine, since too long will make the chicken very salty. With wings I would say no more then an hour. Use indirect heat or else they will scorch and don't put the sauce on until they are fully cooked that way they do not get charred too much.

Usually when I make them I make a big tray and I bake them at 350 for half an hour on one side and then turn the wings over to bake for another half an hour.

25 - 45 minutes should be fine just cut open 3 of the biggest wings and check for any under cooked spots if so continue checking every 5-15minutes

well hun, when i do it its usually the pre cooked ones that i do, and they usually can stay until 25-45 mins or until golden brown, but if u have the raw chicken wings then i suggest that u leave them in until about 45-1 hr, until fully cooked.

I don't think thats quite enough - I am conparing to below recipe I use.

Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove wings from marinade and place in single layer on roasting pan or cookie sheet. Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes. Turn wings; spoon some additional marinade over wings. Discard remaining marinade. Return wings to oven and cook additional 20 minutes.

• HCC

25 minutes isn't enough.

bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour.

Get yourself a meat thermometer. When chicken reaches temp of 165 then take it out.

25 min should be good, but as others suggested check them and if they need more cooking then of course throw them back in.