Why does it seem like it is only the right-wingers who can't seem to understand the science of Global Warming?

Is it me, or is it a fact that 95% of the people out there that deny Global Warming, let alone AGW, are very much right-winged politically? Why is that? Do they know they are lying or are they being duped from choosing to only listen to other right-wingers on the subject? If they know better, why are they trying... show more Is it me, or is it a fact that 95% of the people out there that deny Global Warming, let alone AGW, are very much right-winged politically? Why is that? Do they know they are lying or are they being duped from choosing to only listen to other right-wingers on the subject? If they know better, why are they trying so hard to convince everyone else that Global Warming is a bunch of Al Gore hooey? Do they not realize that the less we do to prepare for the future with regard to this very real changing climate, the worse it will be for us and even more difficult and more EXPENSIVE it will be to deal with it later? Seriously, what is the deal here?

Thanks
Update: 'Sarge927' The one an only cause of Global Warming is not human beings and their carbon output. Human activites, including those which caused CO2 levels to rise higher than the earth has seen in millions of years, is only part of it. Pollution, land clearing, feedback loops and the fact that we're... show more 'Sarge927'

The one an only cause of Global Warming is not human beings and their carbon output. Human activites, including those which caused CO2 levels to rise higher than the earth has seen in millions of years, is only part of it. Pollution, land clearing, feedback loops and the fact that we're in the peak warm period of an interglacial period to begin with also play a role along with other natural factors that help keep our planet warm to begin with.

Also, it doesn't matter that you've seen NASA's data from infrared satellites going back 30 years with your own eyes, and we're concerned about the rising temps from the last 20 years, not the last sixty.
Update 2: 'BB' - You made a lot of claims. CO2 is rising, you got that much right, and surely you understand that has to do with human activities right? But first of all, we're not facing record cold temperatures... the records this past decade have been reserved for record warm temperatures, not cold. (see... show more 'BB' - You made a lot of claims.
CO2 is rising, you got that much right, and surely you understand that has to do with human activities right? But first of all, we're not facing record cold temperatures... the records this past decade have been reserved for record warm temperatures, not cold. (see my very last question which contains links that should help to dispell that MYTH you are only helping to spread...)

The truth is, the extent man's activities is having on impacting on climate change are only becoming more and more clear and there is extensive study, that the less we do now and the longer we hold out, the less we can do, and the more it will cost us. Is that really what you want?
Update 3: Lyle G -

Your claim is that "only political right-wingers understand scientific method".
Then please, why does every major scientific organization in the world disagree with you, not just one, but ALL of them?
Update 4: Roadhazzards - Your answer confused me... you admit you are a right-winger and that you don't believe in AGW and then ask "what is your point?"??? You seem to be making my point for me... but to be clear, I can't think of one news pundit who isn't radically right wing politically who... show more Roadhazzards -

Your answer confused me... you admit you are a right-winger and that you don't believe in AGW and then ask "what is your point?"??? You seem to be making my point for me... but to be clear, I can't think of one news pundit who isn't radically right wing politically who tries so hard to make it seem like global warming is fubar. Clearly, this AGW denial business is 100% politically driven, not science driven. The question is... why is that? What's in it for the conservative right?
Update 5: AceKing52: Moore has earned his living since the early 1990s primarily by consulting for, and publicly speaking to a wide variety of corporations and industry lobby groups such as "polluters and clear-cutters (land clearing)" who he as been paid to consult. Moore obviously uses his name and his... show more AceKing52:

Moore has earned his living since the early 1990s primarily by consulting for, and publicly speaking to a wide variety of corporations and industry lobby groups such as "polluters and clear-cutters (land clearing)" who he as been paid to consult. Moore obviously uses his name and his history to elevate his new career... which has nothing to do with supporting environmentalism.

Using his name is no different than using Fred Singer's name... same idea. Where he used to be an advocate for main-stream atmospheric and space sciences, he has since made a profitable career doing consulting and lobbying, speaking on behalf of oil and tabacco Industries.

Media may be politically motivated, but where AGW is concerned, there is no question that all the global warming hating comes from the far right, and it is usually never backed by any evidence, just rumors and opinions. There's no question that there is an agenda fueled by conservative pundits and think tanks.
Update 6: Peter Jungman: I gave you a thumbs up simply because you had a clever answer. However, you answer is no more or less true than anyone else. And if anything, I've seen on countless more occasions, right winged GW deniers use misinformation tactics or outright lies where I seldomly see that used by... show more Peter Jungman:

I gave you a thumbs up simply because you had a clever answer.

However, you answer is no more or less true than anyone else. And if anything, I've seen on countless more occasions, right winged GW deniers use misinformation tactics or outright lies where I seldomly see that used by scientists (referring to your 'consensus', since the scientific consensus on GW and AGW is overwhelmingly in support of it being a fact, which obviously you do not agree with, yet you call your indifference 'Truth' seeking... how ironic).
Update 7: Ken, your answer was good but it didn't seem to agree with my observation, that literally, nearly every outspoken critic of global warming is from the right wing variety (like all but 5%). Jp79to, very good answer, perhaps the best answer among those given Martin M, your answer seems to be the best answer... show more Ken, your answer was good but it didn't seem to agree with my observation, that literally, nearly every outspoken critic of global warming is from the right wing variety (like all but 5%).

Jp79to, very good answer, perhaps the best answer among those given

Martin M, your answer seems to be the best answer so far, you agree with my observation, and you gave a reason why, and you point out something I failed to that not all right-wingers deny global warming, but all who do seem to be right wingers. I just wish someone had really tried to harder to explain why that is.

This isn't anything new... just type "right wingers global warming" in Y-answers Search Engine