Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 1 decade ago

is this site a true representation of real life?

one idiot thought i was trying to disguise myself as a newcastle united fan yesterday, i had a great big OO7 in the middle of toon and several users were calling me giggsy in their answers, SERIOUSLY are users that stupid, or just desperate to try and have a pop at the master. I know my football banter isn't everyones cup of tea, but at least i try not to personally insult someone unless they cat call first.

FQ why are 3rd placed MANCHESTER UNITED favourites to lift the premiership ?

Best Answer

yes, the great majority of people are idiots

Missed what you're on about in your first paragraph, so whatever.

Man Utd are always made Bookie's favourites because they have a wide betting fan base, who would back them at the start of every season at any odds. It is in the Bookie's interest to make them a short price to minimise potential losses, because if they offered 4's now, they would be inundated with bets which would still have a good chance of being successful.

I would be willing to "bet" that they are favourites for 2009/10 no matter who wins the league this year.

I understand completely what you are saying. I hope you are asking us and not telling us that you think those women are more beautiful. Anyway, I think that every since slavery society has kind of embedded in our minds that the lighter skinned you are and the closer you look to being white means you are more beautiful. Halle Berry and Beyonce are 2 beautiful black women, but we have to admit that they do not both have the "typical" physical features of black women such as the hair texture, nose, or full lips. I do believe that if they did possess those characteristics they would not be as popular as they are today. You think they'd give someone like Alfre Woodard roles like Halle Berre? And she's an incredible actress. Do you remember when Vanessa Williams was crowned Miss America? A lot of black people (not myself) thought that having her as the 1st black woman to win the title was not a huge accomplishment, b/c she didn't represent the "normal" black female like the ones you showed in those pictures. As for myself, I thought that it was awesome that she could be the first to win the title. However, I still understood why some people thought what they did. Anyway, it's a lot to do with how society wants us to see ourselves. What is "accurate" anyway? We shouldn't let society determine that more us. Black women come in all different skin tones and body types. We are all beautiful. It is true though that society's view of an "accurate" black woman would be the ones you have shown. It's very sad though. Just so Boo knows Halle Berry is considered a black woman. Because so many white people during slavery thought to be black was so bad, they decided that 1 drop of our blood makes you black. And I'm sure Halle Berry has more than 1 drop of it. She has also stated in interviews that she identifies with the black community and that she is black indeed.

Because the are currently the best club in the world. They have 9 games in hand and every game that Man Utd wins and gets closer to Liverpool or Chelsea, puts pressure on them, therefore United sneak up and overtake them, then they continue to Premier League Glory Again. Champions League not to sure, if they get past Inter Milan, then I think they stand a good chance to retain the Champions League.

GO UNITED GO!! RED FOREVER!

Unfortunately ..it probably is.

I don't think Man Utd are always favourites as Groucho said... sometimes Chelsea are ...nothing to do with a fan base.. that's a silly answer..it's about proven consistency, and smart bookies...

I don't see why the team who have just won the double shouldn't be favourites

dR bad

Unfortunately yes this site is like life

i did a question about liverpool blasting off with a picture of the space shuttles when they were put up for sale and some narrow minded small iq type person got it deleted

it was a bit of fun no more then i usually have on here nothing malicious but as is normally the case some didnt take it for what it is

FUN...!

JUST WAIT TILL YAHOO DECIDE TO NAME PEOPLE WHO SEND INCORRECT VIOLATIONS NOTICES

people will get the chance to see my artistic creations lol

Nothing about football is anything like real life. Fake people, fake sports, fake fans. It is all a moneymaking ploy by a few clever people.

Source(s): very cynical me

I see what your trying to say

Some people are just covereing up

funnily enough, all over the whole of answers you get the same types of people cliques, trolls , humourless twats

there's too few good people, and far too many fools and numptys

so a simple answer to your q would be a yes

Source(s): Bobby Gould wore no.10

cos we have a tradition of keep winning it..... and we have a healthy position to work from with the games in hand and chelsea and liverpool having to come to OT.....