promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
whosit? asked in TravelUnited StatesBoston · 1 decade ago

What's Boston, MA like? Weather, people, buildings?

What's it like in comparison to Los Angeles, CA?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Boston has serious weather, LA has sunny days. We're not rude but we don't feel the need to be best friends with people we pass in the street. Boston buildings are much older, and much less spread out. People actually do go to Boston's downtown areas. (I stayed in LA's business district once. The whole area was deserted after 6:00.) We also have a recognizable skyline.

Boston people take public transit because to drive in the city is crazy. One can get along fine without a car. There's no parking anywhere near where you want to go. Every business knows how to give T directions. In LA, no one takes the transit if they can help it.

We don't have mudslides (except in bars), firestorms, earthquakes, or Santa Ana winds. We do have ice, snow, potholes, and property rights to parking spaces if you shovel them out yourself. And Spring. We have a glorious Spring, which is so much sweeter after months of Winter.

Source(s): I live here.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've lived in both LA and Boston

boston is very cold, with lots of snow and winds that will make you miserable. eventually you learn to love it and figure out ways to avoid it. The people can be pretty rude. It's just what people are like out here. There really is no small talk to the person in the grocery store line behind you. When you're driving around and you make a wrong turn you know someone will make it clear you did something wrong. But don't get me wrong, once you get to know people, it's just like any other place. You can find some friends for life in boston. The buildings are beautiful and old. There is a lot of history in boston.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The size is a lot different. Boston has more "real world people" than Los Angeles. The weather is a lot different too. There is also a lot of history to Boston.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its not crowded like LA nor hott like la.

Weather: cold winters; hot summers

People: Nice and very helpful in my opinion.

Buildings: varies (: some are really nice and some aer jst crap.

over all boston is great (:

Fun and good food adn very historical

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is not as big as LA but is more historical amd the people are real and not as fake i would say.Nice in the summertime and cold and snowy in the winter.I like the change of seasons.Easier to get around and not as crowded traffic wise.

• Tim O
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Boston is just big enough to be a big American city and just small enough not to be in the way.

• 1 decade ago

well...its an old city with lots of history. Its not exactly as much fun...its MUCH colder, more crowded, and just unique. A good diverse place. with cold weather

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.