Hmm, well, I have recently begun to become concerned about my mental state, hahaha?

I don't even really know where to start, so I'll blurt it all out in one question. A lot of the time, I feel extremely 'depressed' [I mean I feel down, the word depressed is thrown around far too often. But then again, these feelings have been reoccurring for a number of years], I don't know... show more I don't even really know where to start, so I'll blurt it all out in one question.

A lot of the time, I feel extremely 'depressed' [I mean I feel down, the word depressed is thrown around far too often. But then again, these feelings have been reoccurring for a number of years], I don't know why.

I find it a huge difficulty to maintain a conversation/acting like I'm interested in what someone is saying, and I only need to be alone, and for no one to speak to me [but this is only sometimes please bear in mind].

And, well, I think I drink a little too much - when I'm sitting at home at night without alcohol I feel 'lost' for the want of a better word - like, when I'm watching television or whatever, I always think 'this would be much better with alcohol', and I do think about alcohol quite a bit.

And also, maybe the thing that's worrying me most, is that - sometimes I feel quite disorientated, it kind of scares me and I don't know why I feel like that.

I really don't mean to sound like a hypochondriac, but any suggestions as to what the hell is going on would be much appreciated.

Thanks. :)
Update: Sandra - I fail to see what the hell that had to do with my question. I do not think I'm crazy. Now please **** off and concern yourself with something you actually know a damn thing about. :)
Update 2: Em, I'd like to add that I'm *not* depressed.