If I Open a PO Box with United States POstal Services will my mail be redirected to the PO Box?

What about my credit card information, since sometime they will ask for a zip code: do I use the PO box zip code or my address zip code?

Favorite Answer

Only if you put in a "change of address" notice at the same time you open the PO box.

Otherwise---anything still addressed to your old address will still go to the old address.

The zip code should be where you get your mail.

I don't care in the least. I seldom get anything but junk mail, and that's just a waste of money and trees. If I ship a package, there's no way I'm sending it via USPS; they are slow and unreliable, and things are lost or damaged on a regular basis. As far as I'm concerned, we can do away with the Post Office completely. I'll stick with UPS or Fedex and e-mail. The postal workers and their union wanted more and more money for doing less and less, and thought they'd be indispensible; they priced themselves out of jobs, and I say good riddance to bad rubbish.