Define: Secondary Characters. How are they different from main characters? ?

I want to know how one differentiates between major/minor characters in a novel. I am to give a presentation on the secondary characters in "to kill a mockingbird" but i have no idea how exactly they are different from main characters. I couldnt find a proper definintion of secondary characters, so i... show more I want to know how one differentiates between major/minor characters in a novel.
I am to give a presentation on the secondary characters in "to kill a mockingbird" but i have no idea how exactly they are different from main characters.
I couldnt find a proper definintion of secondary characters, so i am wondering if anyone could give a nice definition
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with round/flat characters or dynamic/static characters
thanks :)
Update: "Secondary characters support the main character." Yeah obviously lol but how do you "support" the main character. There can be multiple main characters in a book, but how can you tell which ones they are? How can you tell the difference between main and secondary characters .. thats my... show more "Secondary characters support the main character."
Yeah obviously lol but how do you "support" the main character.
There can be multiple main characters in a book, but how can you tell which ones they are? How can you tell the difference between main and secondary characters .. thats my question

thanks for trying to help though