promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Where to live in Durham, NC?

I may be living for a year in Durham, NC and attending Duke University. Where is the best place to live? What is the average rent for a 1-2 bedroom house/apartment?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are lots of great areas around Duke University. Rentals would vary widely based on amenities and size. You could find a small studio for 500 probably, or a all-inclusive 2 bedroom apartment just under a thousand. It really varies a lot.

On craigslist, you'd probably find a lot of duplexes and apartments in houses for a good rate in the neighborhoods just north and west of Duke, especially near Ninth Street, which is the street near campus with all the cafes, bars, and bookstores. Trinity Park and Watts-Hillandale are two neighborhoods in that area that have lots of apartments, houses and such that attract students. There are also apartment complexes that cater to Duke students...you just have to look for them.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • amar
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

call the Chamber of commerce in Durham & they are going to be waiting that can assist you out. they have all the latest documents on matters like that & could be extra beneficial than happy that can assist you. whilst i became into living in Ohio, that they had government backed residences for Seniors. looking on their earnings, some Seniors had their employ & utilities paid for by utilising the government. be sure to ask if there is this form of application interior the state of North Carolina. stable luck. :)

• 1 decade ago

i would not live in durham....i would look more towards chapel hill or out in the county. There are too many racial problems (remember the lacrosse scandal), crime, and other problems within the city.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.