PHARMACY MAJOR HELP PLEASE? (Mainly needing clarification...)?

I didn't make it into St. John's PharmD program but they recommend that I apply for a different program or major because "my academic record of achievement qualifies me for serious consideration for admission to other programs". So can I do my 2 years undergrad for pharmacy at this school then transfer to pharmacy school at a different university because they said once i switch my major i can't transfer back into the PharmD program. -__- So is this possible? Or do I have to do my 2 year undergrad at the same university as the pharmacy school? Would I have a higher chance transferring into Pharmacy school if it was at the same school or does transferring from a whole different school hurt my chances into making it into Pharmacy school? Does it even make a difference?! Should I just be worrying about my grades from those 2 years as making an impact on my acceptance into pharmacy school or does transferring from a different school really make a difference? Oh and I plan on working really hard on keeping my GPA up when I do do my 2 years undergrad if that helps with your answers. THANK YOU!

Favorite Answer

personally, i dont think gpa really matters to st johns. i got accepted to St Johns PharmD program fall 2009 but my gpa wasn't that great but my sat score was really good.

but it might be also beucase i come from a top ranked high school in NJ.

you can do two year undergrad PRE PHARM at a school and then apply to the graduate pharmacy at the same school if they have

a lot of people usually transfer to another shcool.

plus if you do prepharm you have to take pcats.

i would think you have a higher chance at getting into the school you already attend to.

overall

i think you should apply to other 0+6 pharmacy programs.

it's much easier.

try ACP, URI, northeastern, USP and Rutgers.

good luck

• Right

Keep your grades up and get Take classes you need that are transferable. Talk to a adviser at both schools. The biggest problem of taking class's at one college and switching to another is having enough course's to fill Financial aid in the remaining 3 years of your college time. Grades are important.

• klug

Please human beings, rid yourselves of all your prejudices relating to the shia and relating to the turba for 5 minutes and take that element to examine the reaction via MUHAMMED. He has provided you with all the hadiths and knowledge that justify the prostration on the turbah and the hadiths he has quoted are all from Sunni sihah books so as which you do no longer doubt the authenticity of the hadiths. i can't upload anymore ingredient to his answer as that's a hundred% what i believe. After analyzing that, weigh up the data logically and make your very own judgement. I doubt no be counted in case you will push aside the prostration on the turba after that. thank you all and thank you MUHAMMED on your large answer. God Bless You ALL! EDIT: certainly i could desire to rigidity between the factors he made. that's relating to this area of one of the hadiths he quoted: "...The earth has been made a place of prostration for me, and a place to accomplish Tayammum...". Obeidullah pronounced above that us shia are incorrect in believing the "ardh" (earth) pronounced in distinctive hadiths is soil in basic terms, he says that the "earth" pronounced is the planet and not the soil. in spite of the incontrovertible fact that, this hadith states that the earth has been made a "place of prostration for me and a place to accomplish Tayamum". actually right here, the observe "earth" refers to soil in basic terms as i'm specific you will ALL believe me that Tayamum is achieved with soil. as a result no be counted if that's touching on the earth as being soil and the Prophet is saying that this soil has been made "a place of prostration" for him, then actually the Prophet is saying that he prostrates on soil. So via prostrating on a turbah that's made up of soil, we shia are in basic terms following the Sunnah of the income. Now, the place does the confusion lie?