buy alcohol self check out?

I am 17 and I just got the great idea of how to get alcohol through a self checkout all you have to do is get a bottle of water and a bottle of alcohol. Then scan the water twice and just put the booze in there instead. Also got another idea, just tear off the label of a water bottle or something and put it on the alcohol then just put in the bag as normal.

but of course I would never think of doing any of those things...lol

what do you guys think? would it work?

....also as a side note, I was pretty baked when I thought of these lol

Favorite Answer

Haha, oh the things we think of when we're baked...

Just make sure nobody sees ya...

You apparently never used a self checkout. There is a clerk right there, they would notice if you didn't scan an item. Further, when you bag something it gets put on a scale. The checkout knows how much your scanned item should weigh and if you scan two water bottles you'd need to put one in there so you can scan the second. The bottle of alcohol would then need to weigh the same as the second bottle of water. But you cannot put the second bottle of water in the bag. At this point, you would then need to complete the bagging and put the bag of water and alcohol in your cart and leave. But you have a bottle of water left over. Clearly, you simply need to leave this on the checkout. This should look highly suspicious to any concious attendant. Further, you would be on surveillance camera which should pick up this activity -- so far as their cameras can tell you are stealing which they would be concerned with.

Better than most underage self checkout plans, I have to give it to you. Many think you can simply use a self checkout to buy alcohol. But the scanner will wait for verification the purchaser is over 21 -- which is done with an attendant.

As to your second idea with the labels, you see that the bottle would need to weigh the same. It's doubtful they would as one is made of glass and the other plastic. This is the main reason why this would not work.

Well most stores have security cameras so you would have to be pretty sneaky. And on top of that, I'm pretty sure that if you look young, someone will come over and card you. I think the only time you could get away with that like.. the day before Thanksgiving when everybody is in the store and its hectic.

good try, but no. the self checkout machines are all weighed, so the bottle of booze your putting in instead of the water weighs significantly less, which will cause the machine to give you a "please wait for assistance" message, which will bring over an employee. also, if you try taking the barcode off the water, you will get a "please place the item in the bagging area" message. so again, when you place the booze in there instead of the water, you'll get a "please wait for assistance." either way, the Self checkout attendant will come over.

Source(s): self checkout attendant :)

what you want to do is wear a sweatshirt make sure nobody is in the isle and sneak a beer or whatever you want into your sweatshirt then pick up a water bottle then go to the bathroom and pour the water out and put the booze in it and then check it out just make sure nobody sees you pick up the alcohol

• b

First of all, I work in a supermarket and we have self serve checkouts...

a) I am not blind

b) I do not have delayed reactions to things I see

c) We are not ignorant

d) We can tell when you have fiddled with your groceries

e) We will most likely carry out a bag check

f) It's just not going to work

Lol, goodluck..

no can do. the registars are smarter than you, and it will go off. If the clerk still lets you out without checking age, then they can lose their job and go to jail for contributing to a minor.

NO can do. the labels won't matter as most beer bottles are green or brown. and most other alcohol bottles have distinct design so that they can not fool anyone.

tell your friends not to do ths. YOU are 17, find God, not the bottle

Well I think you can do it I'm going to do it this week

Another reason why the Liquor store should be isolated from the rest of the grocery.....Why don't you try this plan and let everyone know how it turns out :-D

Your plans are only as smart as you are. Up for you to decide/refine.