Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

need help understanding city police department websites?

i'm going to become a police officer one day but i still don't know what city i should work in. i'm looking on their websites and going through things like the benefits they offer etc. but i don't really understand it. can anyone help bring a little light to what i should be looking at so i can better understand this.

any links or comparisons between two cities will be really great. thanks to all who answered.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

You need to make a list of the things you want out of the career and will make the job fun/rewarding and livable. Things like benefits, salary, take-home cars, possibility for special assignments, probability of promotion, the level of professionalism in the department, the city, can you afford to live in the area on only a cop's salary there, etc..

Lay them out in a list and check departments until you find one that matches what you want to see.

Source(s): California cop.
  • camile
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

They share workers and targets. The HSUS runs no shelters of any form nor do they supply funds to any. In maximum case the place they have long gone in and investigated a safeguard their #a million suggestion is to kill all pit bulls as they arrive in. they could desire to work out the top of pets. They help an identical terrorist communities PETA dose. they could get rid of all animal enslavement. foodstuff, pets zoos, artwork animals etc. The president as quickly as made the assertion that the life of an ant could take delivery of an identical attention through fact the life of his toddler whilst protesting using sprays to kill pest. What could he think of of something human beings

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.