Setting up SONY VAIO wireless connection?

I have a Sony VAIO PCG-FRV25 laptop. The online specs say it has wireless capability, which I presume means it's set to connect to the internet, for the most part, right? I have a Belkin USB wireless adapter. I'm trying to connect through my Dad's Belkin router (I tried installing it onto my computer... show more I have a Sony VAIO PCG-FRV25 laptop. The online specs say it has wireless capability, which I presume means it's set to connect to the internet, for the most part, right? I have a Belkin USB wireless adapter. I'm trying to connect through my Dad's Belkin router (I tried installing it onto my computer with the CD he had, but it didn't work.) Do I need to purchase my own router in order to be able to set up the wireless connection? I'm usually pretty good with computers, but I could really use some help here. Anything from a step-by-step guide to what to do, to a list of what I might need to buy ... Thanks!! :)
Update: My laptop is picking up the wireless signal fine, which I presume means the USB adapter is working. I just can't connect. I keep getting this message:
Please add client device PIN to the Router or an external register within 2 minutes.
Update 2: Still no luck. Getting the same message:
Please add client device PIN to the Router or an external register
2 answers