Anonymous

Is white pride racist?

I see alot of pride from other races and its accepted.

If your proud to be white how is that racist?

For all those BlTCHING about the question you should have not clicked on my question it was pretty obvious what it was about.

:)

Favorite Answer

Just as racist as everybody else.

Source(s): 14/88!

Everyone comes from a rough history, no one moreso than anyone else. I also see more racism against whites these days than anyone else. This also has to do with the fact that there is a racist in the White House now too who will continue to give special treatment to groups that he deems special. I am VERY proud of my half German half Swedish ancestry but I'm far from being a racist. I also think that people get frustrated with their own lives and how they have navigated themselves. But, it's easier to blame it on the white man than to accept responsibility for their own choices and actions. Plus, please remember that whites did NOT go overseas and steal people from Africa. There was a buyer and a seller, so they can also hate their own African ancestors because they made plenty of money off of their own people. I could care less about race, I look at the character of the person and not too many people these days have admirable character...this goes for ALL humans.

• Joel S

Damn, I'm sick of answering this question, but here it goes.

NO, white pride in and of itself is NOT racist. It depends on how the pride is presented.

Many white ethnic groups have pride, whether it's Italian, German, British, Irish or Polish. Guess what. NOBODY CARES! Now, If you were to say that you were proud to be white and do it w/ a supremacist attitude("my race is the best race, every other race is ugly") then yes, that would be racist. I use white specifically b/c that's what your question focused on.

See, all of those groups are ethnically white and they show their pride, and embrace their heritage. But do the all use it to discriminate against others? No. So, yeah, I see alot of pride from other races to and I accept it because none of them are saying "kill blackie or kill whitey"

Later man.

Its not racist so at all. However you are confusing white pride with the kkk and nazi of course they are racist althought they have pride in their race . On the other hand white pride , ok more power to you . I hope you like the skin your in .

ok I have read a lot of the comments before mine how naive people are . Funny , how some think just because you have white pride , its consider racist . These type of people are just looking for a sympathy oh poor me , I can even say i have white pride , ;because its going to seem racist ..Give me a break .

tired of white people playing like their backs are against the walls . Hello , you just don't like being treated the way you treat others.Since you are limited to what you say or do now days join the club thats nothing new to many people .

• I'm really sick of these race issues I really am. Why does everything have to be about race? Is this racist is that racist stop it already!!! There's nothing wrong with being proud of who you are as long as you don't abuse it and start thinking that you are superior. I'm proud to be a multiple of Black, Latina, and White and if that makes me racist well then so be it, but I know deep down inside what its like and I know I come nowhere close to being racist.

In answer to your question no. Being proud of a color of skin ant' ever be racist. The race in question is the human race. The skin color is only that, a color. A person can discriminate on basis of color, or ethnic background, or religion, or sex, or age, but can't discriminate on basis of race. For example, in order for there to be a racial incident it would require there to be two races involved such as canine (dogs) and feline (cats). If both individuals that are from the same race discrimination on a racial basis is impossible.

There is really now reason to be proud of a color. Ethnic background is a different story. What did your ancestors do or create that made that country great. How did they contribute to the world in a meaningful way?

NO! if other races get to be proud for who they are they why cant we. Why cant we be proud of all the great things we have done. They're just trying to take away our free speech and censoring us by labeling anything as racist now. Also what about the groups like the Black Hebrew Israelites, the nation of yahweh, or La Raza who are very racist against whites, you barely see people or the mainstream media complaining about them.

That gets me so mad! It is not racist to be proud to be white, however, when you act as other races are inferior then it is racism. There is nothing wrong to be proud your race. For those who are ignorant, it wasn't only the white people who were racist. Tell them to go do their history.

• Evelyn

I dont think its racist i just think your proud of your race which is a good thing now i think its racist when you think your better than the other races and it also depends when your saying it i guess like lets say you pass by a group of hispanics or african americans and scream out white pride.people will get offended and take it as a racist thing.

it's not, society has made it seem that being proud to be white is wrong, which if you feel superior to other races then it is racism, however feeling proud to be white is great! you should have pride no matter who you are! people who say its wrong are jerks and have some sort of racist issue and feel that most white people are racist. be proud of who you are!

• .

No, pride is not racist, but it can quickly turn into a negative aspect. Although pride can be view as confidence, it can turn into vanity (excessive love of oneself), and hubris, if not controlled.

Pride in what you have no control over, isn't good. It'll lead you to arrogance, and unwarranted self-importance. It can also be a very selfish act. It is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, and the ultimate source from with the other sins (greed, lust, sloth, gluttony, wrath, envy) arise from.

However, pride in individual accomplishments can lead to tragedy as well. It has lead to the downfall of many leaders throughout history. Caesar and Napoleon both had excessive pride, and they fell because of it.

Those who are saying "everyone needs pride", are wrong. They are simply uninformed of what the true outcome can be.