dekota asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

in the movie benny & joon.................................................?

What is the song playing when her used two forks in two potato making them dance?

Favorite Answer

dekota, I did some research for you and this is what I found. This is one of my Top 10 favorite movies. By the way, Benny used two forks in dinner rolls making them dance. If I can find my CD & music case for the Soundtrack I'll be able to give you the exact name.

Scotland's Proclaimers got a belated number three hit with their four-year-old "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" when it was taken up as the theme song of this offbeat romantic comedy. The rest of the soundtrack album features Rachel Portman's score, which emphasizes the movie's whimsical nature. ~ William Ruhlmann, All Music Guide:

Tracks

Track Title iTunes Composers Performers Time

I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) ... Rachel Portman The Proclaimers (3:34)

Benny and Joon ... Rachel Portman (2:45)

Snorkel Mask ... Rachel Portman (1:03)

Joon's Medicine ... Rachel Portman (1:41)

Hubcaps ... Rachel Portman (:31)

Sam's New Home/Raisins ... Rachel Portman (2:39)

Balloon ... Rachel Portman (1:49)

In the Park ... Rachel Portman (5:09)

Love Theme ... Rachel Portman (3:09)

Sam Is Kicked Out ... Rachel Portman (3:36)

On the Bus ... Rachel Portman (4:10)

Swinging ... Rachel Portman (2:59)

Sam and Joon ... Rachel Portman (1:39)

Benny and Joon (Reprise) ... Rachel Portman (2:44)

Credits

The Proclaimers (Performer), Emmanuel Chamboredon (Producer), Rachel Portman (Composer), Rachel Portman (Performer), J.A.C Redford (Conductor), John Richards (Engineer)

Sponsored LinksLocate John Benjamin

Wikipedia: Benny & Joon

Music by Rachel Portman

Benny & Joon is a 1993 romantic comedy about how two misfits, Sam (Johnny Depp) and Juniper/Joon (Mary Stuart Masterson), find each other and fall in love. The film is perhaps best known for Depp's humerous physical comedy routines and for popularizing in the U.S. the song "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers. The film was shot entirely on location in Spokane, Washington though many of the places filmed, such as the hospital, used fictitious names.

...Joon had a Flush, she is beaten by Mike's Full House. Benny comes through the door and finds out that Joon lost. Upon asking "What's in the pot?" Joon replies, "A cousin."

Mike's cousin Sam seems to be just as imbalanced as Joon. After eating dinner at a cafe, Sam comes home with the two of them and it is decided that he will stay home as Joon's new "housekeeper."

This and the above entry is from Wikipedia, the leading user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (see full disclaimer)

Wikipedia. This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article "Benny & Joon".

i dont really know that song but i love the movie

and the song that is like playing throughout the movie is 500 Miles by the Proclaimers