Questions about a used transfer case on a dodge ram 4x4.Need advice, bad.?

My truck broke down about 3hours from where I live in Tyler,Tx, I paid $100 to tow it to a shop, I paid $1400, and picked it up, about 1 1/2 later. about 20 miles going home on the freeway, my truck was shaking really bad, so I puulled over and called the mechanic he said to bring it to a mechanic shop in my city... show more My truck broke down about 3hours from where I live in Tyler,Tx, I paid $100 to tow it to a shop, I paid $1400, and picked it up, about 1 1/2 later. about 20 miles going home on the freeway, my truck was shaking really bad, so I puulled over and called the mechanic he said to bring it to a mechanic shop in my city and he would take care of it. At the shop in my city they told me that when they installed the used Transfer case that they didn't tighten the bolts that hold it on. So they tightened them up, but the next day the same thing the truck wa sstill shaking really bad. Then they found that the transfer case was cracked and 2 of the studs were broken. They fixed this and then the same day I was driiving to the mall and the transfer case went out again, I had it towed to the auto mechanic in my city again which was another $65, this was on Christmas Eve, so they wont be open until Monday. How much is this mecanic responsible for, my trucks been in the shop for about 3weeks of the last month. While I'm having to bum rides and pay gas money everyday to the guys I work with. Now the original mechanic up in Waco, wants me to tow it up there, I checked and it would cost at least $300-$400 to tow it bcak up there. When I told him that I already towed it to the Shop in my city he said that he'll have them take a look at it one more time, and hopefully they will be able to actually fix it finnally. If not I will have to get my truck towed back up to Waco, He also said that he's been doing mechanic work for the past 20years and this doesn't sound right to him. You know what it doesn't sound right to me either, but I just Need my truck back!!! It's my livelihood. I really need some advice on this, I'm in a stuck situation. I asked him in the beginning if I can get a used transfer case myself, and just have him put it in, he said no becuase he wouldn't be able to guarentee it like that. I told him all I wants my truck back,like it was supposed to be, in the beginning. He sounds like he may think It's me doing this, but it's not. Could driving with a loose transfer case have messed my truck up even worse? What should I do. Thanks, I appreciate it