Sharyn R54 asked in PetsBirds · 1 decade ago

Why do guiena pigs make noises? Do certain noises mean anything?

Our new guiena's sometimes squeak, purr, and several other sounds.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Pur is just like A normal animal as were to pur. there comfurtable, I have guinea pigs. 7. actually. just when they squeak it can mean they want your attention, when mine "reet reet" like where it goes to a loud high pitch long squeak... they notice you and they want something from you. food, a treat. and some of the annoying little short sounds can mean they are annoyed by the other guinea pig. make sure if you have a boy and a girl together to seperate them as soon as they have babies. it can be 1-5. you never know. then after 4 weeks or so, take the babies to a local pet store and ask for them to sex them to see what gender they are. if there is 2 girls, or whatever gender each one is, put it with its proper group. daddy, or mommy! hope i helpedd!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

most sounds mean they are happy:)!

my guinea pig has a high pitched LOUD squeak when she thinks shes gonna get a pice of carrot or something! but she also has one when she doesnt like a spng on the rodio (to loud normally) and its more like a purr. but all guinea pigs are diffrent and purrs a LOUD squeaks are normal.

hope i helped

cullengirl17

• 1 decade ago

My guiena pig will squeak when she is hungry, happy, or afraid. It's normal.

• 1 decade ago

It cute isn't it? My guinea pig would squeak repeatadly when I talked to him or when I was feeding him. Maybe from happiness or excitment? I'm looking forward to seeing your other answers for this, because I really don't know either.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

if a guinea pig squeaks, it could mean that they are stressed or scared.

If they purr, they could be happy or content.

sometimes guinea pigs grunt, and that usually means that they are hungry.

Source(s): research
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I didn't know guinea pigs even made noises.

• Goldie
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

They are talking to eachother or trying to talk to you. They are animals just like you and me. they talk just like you do to your friends and family. They just dont speak english. Only ginea pig language

• 1 decade ago

yes certain noises do mean they are trying to tell you something

Source(s): facts
  • 1 decade ago

squek squek =curiosity

purr purr=feed me!

ahh ahh ahh ahhh AHHA AAHHH AAAHHH=ermmm mating?

• 1 decade ago

They are happy XD

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.