Tips for drawing smooth lines with a tablet?

I just got a tablet and I am having the hardest time trying to make smooth lines with my tablet with out making it all squiggly and uneven. I've seen other peoples linearts and such and they are so smooth and flawless, I have no idea how they can do that. Will someone please tell me some tips, strategies, techniques ect. to draw nice smooth lines with a tablet? (I don't know if this matters, but I use a Wacom Intuos3 4X6)

Favorite Answer

Use geometric templates. http://www.dickblick.com/categories/templates/

Tape tracing paper on top of the tablet so when you draw you'll be able to see the scuff marks - maybe not, that depends on your pen.

Drawing, even when is an amazing activity and a great way to spend the full time, can be quite a actually hard job and this is way you need that information from here https://tr.im/NzVGe , Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery so that you can begin with the right foot.

This Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery eBook is constructed by Christopher Sia, a Pen Picture Kitchen and an teacher in this artwork through the previous 5 years

Mr. Sia is extremely detailed and you are able to fully follow along his entire drawing process.  If you want to see each step in how his paintings are pay, you will discover them.  There are lots of excellent methods and tips on covering and taking off tricky bits like hair.  The procedure map offer you a birds-eye see of the pulling process and the exercises have some extra beneficial information.

If you're using photoshop, there should be a setting that allows the leanancy of the line. If you lower the settings in the "line thickness" and "smoothness" bar, it will create a smoother line. Also, If you hold down the shift button while you draw, it will create a perfectly straight line. For curves, I would advise just to take the lines slow, and realize it's more difficult then drawing on paper or other physical medimum. It takes a while to get used to digital drawing.

Source(s): I own a tablet.

Draw a point in any paintbrush. Hold Shift. Click onto wherever you want the line to end. Should work. Hope this helps!