Is it possible that there is a friendly spirit or ghost in my house?

Hi This may sound crazy but my wife and I have lived in our house for nearly five years. The cottage is one of the oldest in the village and the original building was erected around 400 years ago. We can only find info from the last 80 years but nothing before that time. We are both very happy here and everyone... show more Hi
This may sound crazy but my wife and I have lived in our house for nearly five years. The cottage is one of the oldest in the village and the original building was erected around 400 years ago. We can only find info from the last 80 years but nothing before that time.
We are both very happy here and everyone that visits falls in love with the place but a lot of strange things happen especially to my wife.
Most happen when she is here on her own, lights go off and on ( it got so bad that we had the electrics checked and they were ok) and things get moved about or end up in different rooms.
So far in the last couple of days she has experienced the light in the bathroom going off and as she went to reach out to turn it back on it the light came back on on its own, The following morning she woke early and went into the kitchen, while making tea she almost jumped out of her skin when a mans voice said hello very loudly, she said that she thought it was me putting on different voice but when she turned round no one was there, she went to both doors and there was no one around. She says that these things don't frighten her she feels that what ever is in the house will not do her any harm.
Is it possible that we have a friendly ghost.
Update: yes I have experienced stuff too bt just not as much as my wife, too much to list here though