Anyone have a quick cure for a cold?

I have a stuffed head, my chest hurts, nose is on fire - I feel like I could pull my eyes out and put them in a glass of water (because they itch). I need it to go away before it gets worse!

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

chicken noodle soup,makes me feel better

• Meg
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

To get rid of the stuffiness, try vapor rub. You might also want to try either Tylenol Cold/Flu or Theraflu. There are eyedrops that stop itching. Also, try drinking lots of fluids (water and juices) and eating properly. You should sleep at least 8 hours if not more. The more you hydrate and rest, the faster it will go away. If it's still the same in a few days, you should schedule a doctor's appointment.

• 1 decade ago

Other than taking medicine, avoid dairy products because it can make your cold worse and drink OJ to build up your immune system.

• 1 decade ago

try boiling tea with a squeeze of lemon, grated or small pieces of ginger and a spoon of honey. It helps u smoothe ur throat, nose and chest as well as helping u relax.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

That doesn't sound like a cold to me. Sounds like an allergic reaction. Take some Benadryll, see if that helps.

Source(s): NOT A DOCTOR
  • 1 decade ago

You need to be taking plenty of vitamin C and echinacea with goldenseal. It will build up your immune system and knock it out. Hope you get to feeling better!

• 1 decade ago

tylenol and cough drops. walk outside for 10 minutes with a warm coat and scarf and hat. drink water that is room temperature.

Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No, just drink lots of liquids, helps to loosen cold in head so it can drain

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nyquil

You have to learn to walk again in the morning

but its the best working out there.

For me, anyway.

• 1 decade ago

I once sprayed some pepper spray into a bag and inhaled it. Hurt like mad, but it will empty every last drop of snot out of your head.

• 1 decade ago

hello

probably you are highly sensitized i a dvice u to ask GP for consulation and diagnose you before you take any medication it seems that you are highly sensetized antihistamine dose works .

take care

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.