How do i type symbols using unicode or html or alt code or UTF-8 onto a facebook wall?

I know how to type symbols (☯ ☪☭ 卍☩☮ ☎ ۞ ☆ 卐 ♥ 囎 അ ñ) in microsoft word using alt. code, which is not really a code, but a character set, but when i try to type them in a message or wall on facebook, they come out as numbers only. some symbols, like ñ, come out right when I hold the alt key and type 0241, but... show more I know how to type symbols (☯ ☪☭ 卍☩☮ ☎ ۞ ☆ 卐 ♥ 囎 അ ñ) in microsoft word using alt. code, which is not really a code, but a character set, but when i try to type them in a message or wall on facebook, they come out as numbers only. some symbols, like ñ, come out right when I hold the alt key and type 0241, but other symbols, like 卐 and ☯ don't come out, they just look like numbers.
In microsoft word, 卐 is alt213228 in alt code. I also know that it's unicode is U+534O and it's html is &#21328 but i cannot get it to appear on the wall.
please teach me how to use html code and or unicode. I do not understand what U+534O and &#21328 mean; is there a special way of typing them, or do we just type it like that? please help me, i do not want to cut and paste the symbols, instead I want to understand how to use unicode and html and UTF-8. What is the difference between these codes, and when should they be used? Any help is welcome.