mamacedar asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Did you see the Dallas Cowboy do the 'snow angel' after he made the touchdown?

Then he got penalized $10,000.00 for 'unnecessary entertainment' or some-such nonsense! Why don't they limit stuff like that to ten seconds and then let the guy making the touchdown do something to 'entertain' us?? I like stuff like that and I thought it was cute.

When did they put all these stuffy rules into effect, anyway? What brought it all on? I could understand if the players were actually disrupting a game, but good grief! A tenthousandollar snow angel?? Isn't football SUPPOSED to be entertaining?

• Mr R
    Favorite Answer

First off he was a New England Patriot, and his name was Wes Welker.

Why did all these rules come into effect.

Let's see.

T.O. carrying a sharpie in his sock to sign a football after a touchdown.

T.O. running to mid feild to stand in the middle of the star at Texas Stadium twice after a TD when he was with the 49ers.

T.O. taking a cheerleader's pom poms and cheering with them after a touchdown.

Joh Horn taking a cell phone out from the covering over the goal post and making a call after a TD.

Chad Johnson's many different stupid antics after TDs. Stupid dances, character acting, and marriage proposals.

The "dirty bird" dance in Atlanta.

The "fun bunch" or the "smurfs" in Washington.

When you let these things happen, then others decide they want to do something to top it.

Then you sit and watch grown up millionaires make complete idiots of themselves.

These are PROFESSIONAL athletes.

There is nothing wrong with having fun, but if you are paid to be a professional, you should act like a professional.

it wasn't a cowboy it was wes welker of the new englend patriots, and he was penalized for unsportsmenlike conduct and he was fined 10k for doing it, when it isn't fair how shawn ellis of the jets threw a boulder of snow at a fan and he was got the same fine as a snow angel, and look at T.O. or Donald Driver, or Chad Johnson, they always do dances or somekind of celebration, don't you think that is unsportsmenlike. little kids do snow angels and welker can't. And Wes Welker should appeal as a prayer because you are allowed to hit the ground for a prayer affter a touchdown. why can't people just leave the pats alone.

NFL

No Fun League

• Mike

"unnecessary entertainment" haha. Thats the best thing Ive heard all day. Thanks for the laugh. I wish a referee would use that term. Cause thats is how the league views it.

The actual penalty is called "unsportman like conduct", but definitely I like your term better. And the reason why the nfl put that rule in is because the NFL stands for the No Fun League, and yes they have all sorts of celebration rules like no prechoreagraphed group routines, and no use of props, and a player cannot sit or lay down for a celebration. It was meant to I guess prevent taunting and excessive celebration, but it just makes the game less fun.

Yes, Football is supposed to be entertaining. However, you've got your players mixed up.

The player who made the snow angel was Wes Welker of the New England Patriots.

Wes Welker was fined by the No Fun League, as I recall the cowgirls got beat at home with no snow.

It was Wes Welker of the Patriots and I do think that is ridiculous for 10,000 it should have just been a 15 yard penalty and go with it.

and that jets guy got fined for throwing snowballs!

Sorry honey, It was Wes Welker from the Patriots who got fined.

It wasn't a Cowboy. It was Wes Welker of the Patriots.

I'm pretty sure you are talking about Wes Welker from the N.E. Patriots. Dallas played their last game in Texas Stadium, and I promise you, there was no snow at that game.

• Chad K

It was Wes Welker of the Patriots and you can thank OCHO Cinco for these rules!