I eat but dont gain whats wrong?

I eat so much sugar its not even funny I dont eat meals unless Im forced (no Im not anorexic) I dont gain weight though I lose it Ive lost 9 lbs in 9 months I've been very thirsty I can never quench my thirst and Im not diabetic we checked whats wrong?

Update:

How many people do you know who want to lose weight :D

16 Answers

Relevance
  • rowlfe
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Time to count calories. Assuming no medical reasons which only your doctor can determine anyway, your weight is a simple function of calories consumed and calories burned. If you consume more than you burn, you gain. If you burn more than you consume, you lose. Exactly WHAT is so hard to understand here? You need the advice of a good nutritio9nist so you consume a well balanced diet with all the trace minerals, vitamins and such that are good for you and a personal trainer to help you exercise in a way that is good for you. OR, you could eat even less and be a couch potato. Again, excluding any medical cause, weight is a simple function of calories you eat as opposed to calories you burn. Evidently, from what you say, you are consuming fewer calories than you burn so you have lost weight. Doesn't common sense tell you this must be the case?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I think your answer is right in your question.

You're not eating meals, unless youre forced? This is why you're not gaining. Because you're not eating. Your body requires all types of nutrients to build muscle OR fat. To gain any type of weight, it needs more than just sugar.

As for the being thirsty part, drip some water on a pile of sugar (what you say you've been stuffing yourself with) Then do it to, say, a full plate of lasagna or other meat. Normal food might soak up water a little bit, but a lot of food already has lots of water in it. Sugar does not, and it's only soaking up all the water that's inside you, making you incredibly thirsty.

Source(s): Common sense.
  • 1 decade ago

it is rather odd how your loseing weight but sugar doesnt give you that much weight unless u eat like mcdonals

if you want to gain for weight eat more meat

thirst drink about half a bottle o water every hour unless ur body feels like it needs more

or just ask a docter...

• 1 decade ago

You need to eat REAL food. Your body was not made to run on sugar. You are poisoning yourself with that stuff. Get back to real food and you will be fine. Fruit/veggies, lean meat and whole grains. This is good stuff if you take a little time and prepare it for yourself. This age of fast food is killing us! Get back to the basics!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Weight loss could be a symptom of protein deficiency. Cut out the sugar and eat lots of protein (tuna, eggs, chicken, beef). You could also try lifting weights.

• 1 decade ago

Sometimes it's in the genes.

You might be interested to check out this site about a former skinny guy who successfully transformed into a champion fitness model.

Read more at http://www.buildmusclenow.net

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

The best way to do is consult a doctor it will be hard to make assumptions here especially when it comes to health not to scare you but it might be a sign of something more serious. Seek medical help so you can finally have the peace of mind. goodluck!

• 1 decade ago

The human body is complicated. It could be anywhere from stress and anxiety to a fast metabolism. If it becomes unhealthy, see your doctor once more and he/she can probably prescribe you with either depression pills or thyroid-increaser pills. Good luck!

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Ways To Treat Diabetes http://ReverseYourDiabetes.netint.info/?bq1Z
  • 1 decade ago

doctor.

maybe u just have a high metabolism, i do

or maybe ur stressed or depressed

if u want to gain, drink sodas

and eat heavier meals

sugar only speeds things up

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.