- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. illness 通常指一個人的生病 (= sickness)
e.g. His illness(= sickness) comes to an end.
From the flu to nosebleeds to broken bones, we've got you covered from head to toe with tons of info about common illnesses and injuries. (illnesses可以加 es形成複數)
2. disease: 泛指人, 動物, 植物的生病, 涵蓋範圍比較廣, 不一定指人而已, 而且可以指某部分器官的生病, 疾病; 你如果指某種疾病就要用這個字, 不行用illness, 例如:
e.g. She's suffering from kidney disease.
Is Alzhiemer's Disease a disease you can die from?
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
3. 所以 disease這個字要比 illness常用到, illness用來專指一個人的病況, 無法指其患的疾病名
- Henry 007Lv 61 decade ago
To be honest with you, they are almost the same meaning
illness: (UK) an illness is a particular disease
==common illness such as coughs and colds
sickness: (US) 1when you are ill, 2 vomit
==common sickness such as coughs and colds
disease: illness.....But we say
==heart disease or an infectious disease
XXwe don't say heart illness, that is absolutely wrong
Something like that, have a lookSource(s): I was educated in the UK