Problem with updating to IPod software version 2.2?

So I just opened my IPOD touch today. I bought the upgrade through my Itunes and when I go to download the update I get the following error: "There was a problem downloading the iPod software for the IPod "My Ipod". You do not have permission to access the requested resource. Now I have been... show more So I just opened my IPOD touch today. I bought the upgrade through my Itunes and when I go to download the update I get the following error:

"There was a problem downloading the iPod software for the IPod "My Ipod". You do not have permission to access the requested resource.

Now I have been a programmer for twelve years so I know my way around a computer. I have disabled all of the antivirus and firewalls and still have the same issue. This appears to be an apple issue but I wanted to get other opinions.
Update: I do have the latest version of the Itunes software 8.0.2.20
Update 2: Well it is 7:33 AM EST here and I am trying to download again. No Luck! I have a hunch that Apple's public message is that there are too many people downloading. Only a hunch and not backed up by any facts at all.
Update 3: It is 8:31AM EST and I am on the phone with IPHONE support at apple. I will keep you posted.
Update 4: OK I am now off the phone at 9:33 AM with Apple: Sorry folks there is no fix at this time. Here is exactly what happened on the phone. 12/26 - Heather Transferred to product support specialist - Adam Turn of all antivirus and firewall!!! 1) Uninstall Itunes 2) Restart Machine 3) Uninstall... show more OK I am now off the phone at 9:33 AM with Apple: Sorry folks there is no fix at this time.

Here is exactly what happened on the phone.

12/26 - Heather

Transferred to product support specialist - Adam

Turn of all antivirus and firewall!!!

1) Uninstall Itunes
2) Restart Machine
3) Uninstall Quicktime
4) Uninstall Bonjour
5) Uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support
6) Uninstall Apple Softare Update

FOLDER CLEANUP / program files: (if there)

7) Quicktime
8) Itunes
9) IPOD

10)
DISK CLEANUP on C:\ (properties/disk cleanup) - remove all temp files and recycle bin

Temporary Internet Files
Recycle Bin
Temporary Files
windows installer cleanup utility - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

11) Restart Computer

12) http://www.apple.com/itunes/overview/ in browser

13) Download and Install Itunes

14) Start Itunes

15) Log into Itunes store

16) Tried to reconnect IPOD and reinstall firmware 2.2. Same problem!!!!

Adam stated to try again