Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

"Pope decries selfishness in economic downturn"?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081225/ap_on_re_eu/eu...

yet...the Pope himself lives in luxury, in a huge palace packed full of priceless treasures, which people are charged to see!!

"One of the greatest art galleries in the world, the museum..., the Raphael Rooms and the exquisitely decorated Sistine Chapel famous for Michelangelo's frescos.

Price: €13 for visitors, €8.00 for concessions. Two hour English tours cost €21.50. Audio-guides available....for €6. Tours are the only way to see the Vatican Gardens, €12. It costs €6 for the elevator."

http://wikitravel.org/en/Vatican_City

Surely, I'm not been mean in calling the Pope is a hypocrite??

Update:

listless, I live in a tiny apartment.Unlike the Pope, I do not have priceless paintings and unlike the Pope, I do not live in an apartment in an expensive palace- that is IF he lives in an apartment.

Update 2:

Meg M, Nicolas Sarkozy is not a Christian leader, he is the leader of a country which is very different.Christians are meant to give to those in need.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you are not the first either... this problem has existed for many, many centuries

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Actually I think he's absolutely right. Avarice and selfishness and corporate greed is what is tearing down the world's economies. When you look at just the meltdown on Wallstreet, when the corporate giants come to the government with hat in hand begging for money to keep running and then blow the money on things for themselves without thinking twice about the companies, and the people they (in theory at least) benefit, what else can you say?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Get a clue. Those belong to the Catholic Church, not the Pope personally. Does Nicolas Sarkozy own the items in the Louvre?

• 1 decade ago

Great point. He inherited that wealth & I don't believe he can sell it off but then again he's the pope & you're right about the example it sets. Don't be so selfish but don't look at the luxury in which I live either. Jesus never had that stuff but our popes sure do. Nice!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jeff M
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Now you can just begin to see why its called Catholicism, not Christianity. Do some research, check out this book, The Torch of the Testimony, by John W Kennedy, if your appalled with the vatican now, you "ain't seen nothing yet".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A man sent by God makes changes in the world around him....look at Noah, Moses....Martin Luther King Jr.

...the pope just runs his mouth and sits on his tuffet.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you would like more answers, consider asking around this site as well...

http://christianforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

• 1 decade ago

every 1 is selfisnh in this world

as their devotee is provide & ready 2 gve sch kind of facility hence he use it

apart frm tht he comp. devote his life 2 god , if ur also ready 2 gve ur life 2 god thn god wil gve u more thn this

• 1 decade ago

Look at the outfit he wore as he decried selfishness. How much do you reckon the embroidery work alone cost?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he lives in a two room apartment, how large is your house ? which treasures are in his palace ? he lives in Sistine Chapel? you do not say !!!

the ceiling was restored recently at a price which would have your tiny head spin, yes, the church paid for it...

if not for Catholics you would not have your Bible to thump, fact...

EDIT: Catholic church is the largest charity in the world, how many starving children the responders here who pissed on the church have fed, what about you ?

EDIT: JUDGE NOT, LEST YOU BE JUDGED ?

• 1 decade ago

Surely it didn't take you this long to figure out The Vatican starring the Pope is a scam.....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.