Is there a link between religious belief and abortion stance?

It is a common belief that religious people are more apt to be pro life and that a non religious person is more apt to be pro choice. Most churches speak out against abortion. And I think that most atheists do not see an embryo nor a fetus as being a life nor as possessing a soul. I want to see if this is so.... show more It is a common belief that religious people are more apt to be pro life and that a non religious person is more apt to be pro choice. Most churches speak out against abortion. And I think that most atheists do not see an embryo nor a fetus as being a life nor as possessing a soul. I want to see if this is so. Granted an avid Bible thumping churchgoer could be pro choice and an atheist might be pro life; but I want to take a poll to see if religious belief affects one's abortion viewpoint, if it does.

So kindly state your religious belief, and whether you are pro life or pro choice.