Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 娛樂與音樂漫畫與動畫 · 1 decade ago

暮光之城(英翻譯中) 20點

抱歉 請幫我翻譯

Midnight Sun: Edward's Version of Twilight

August 28, 2008

As some of you may have heard, my partial draft of Midnight Sun was illegally posted on the Internet and has since been virally distributed without my knowledge or permission or the knowledge or permission of my publisher.

I have a good idea of how the leak happened as there were very few copies of Midnight Sun that left my possession and each was unique. Due to little changes I made to the manuscript at different times, I can tell when each left my possession and to whom it was given. The manuscript that was illegally distributed on the Internet was given to trusted individuals for a good purpose. I have no comment beyond that as I believe that there was no malicious intent with the initial distribution.

I did not want my readers to experience Midnight Sun before it was completed, edited and published. I think it is important for everybody to understand that what happened was a huge violation of my rights as an author, not to mention me as a human being. As the author of the Twilight Saga,

I control the copyright and it is up to the owner of the copyright to decide when the books should be made public; this is the same for musicians and filmmakers. Just because someone buys a book or movie or song, or gets a download off the Internet,

doesn't mean that they own the right to reproduce and distribute it. Unfortunately, with the Internet, it is easy for people to obtain and share items that do not legally belong to them. No matter how this is done,

it is still dishonest. This has been a very upsetting experience for me, but I hope it will at least leave my fans with a better understanding of copyright and the importance of artistic control.

So where does this leave Midnight Sun? My first feeling was that there was no way to continue. Writing isn't like math; in math, two plus two always equals four no matter what your mood is like. With writing, the way you feel changes everything.

If I tried to write Midnight Sun now, in my current frame of mind, James would probably win and all the Cullens would die, which wouldn't dovetail too well with the original story.

In any case, I feel too sad about what has happened to continue working on Midnight Sun, and so it is on hold indefinitely.

I'd rather my fans not read this version of Midnight Sun. It was only an incomplete draft; the writing is messy and flawed and full of mistakes. But how do I comment on this violation without driving more people to look for the illegal posting?

I do want to take a moment and thank the wonderful fans who have been so supportive of me over the past three years. I cannot begin to tell you how much each of you means to me.

I only hope this note will stop all the confusion and online speculation so that the Twilight universe can once again become the happy escape it used to be. After this incredibly busy year, I am now focusing on spending more time with my family and working on some other writing projects.

--Stephenie

Midnight Sun Partial Draft (if you are having problems viewing it, please click here.) This material is copyrighted by Stephenie Meyer. Any retranscription or reproduction is illegal.

____________________________________________________

June 2008 Update: In response to the outrageous number of emails that I have received with questions concerning Midnight Sun, I talked to Stephenie this weekend and she asked me to let everyone know that Midnight Sun is her next project.

She has not yet finished writing it (and there is no timeline set up, so we all need to put a lot of effort into being patient for a while longer), but she is definitely still planning on having it published. And, after Breaking Dawn comes out,

Stephenie will have much more time to focus on writing Midnight Sun.

___________________________________________________

Midnight Sun is an exercise in character development that got wildly out of hand (as do many of my projects).

While I was procrastinating some real editing work (I'm always at my most creative when procrastinating),

I started to wonder how the first chapter of Twilight would read if it were written from Edward's perspective. There is so much more to his side of the story than there is to Bella's in that first chapter.

After all, Bella only knows that an incredibly gorgeous boy is looking at her funny. Meanwhile, Edward is suffering through one of the most momentous days of his very long life!

Rating
  • ?
    Favorite Answer

Midnight Sun: Edward版的暮光之城

八月二八 二零零八

相信大家都有聽說部分Midnight Sun的草稿沒有經過個人的同意被不法的張貼在網路上.

我很清楚我的手稿是怎麼流出去的因為草稿只有幾份還有每一份都不一樣, 所以是誰流出去的其實看是哪一份的草稿就知道了.手稿是被我一個自己很信任的人給流傳出去的, 對此我不想給予任何意見 因為我相信那個人因該是沒有惡意.

2008-12-26 03:36:23 補充:

我不想要我的讀者去讀還沒完成, 還沒改過, 還沒出版的Midnight Sun. 我希望所有的讀者可以了解這所有發生的事情對一個作者還有一個人來說是一個很大的侵犯. .

2008-12-26 03:41:52 補充:

身為暮光之城系列的作者, 我擁有著作權還有書甚麼時候出版的權利; 跟音樂家還有製片家一樣. 就算一個人買了書或是電影或是音樂或是在網路上下載, 那些作品也不是他們的. 非常遺憾的, 在網路上面可以很簡單的分享檔案, 就算是不法的還有不是屬於他們的.

2008-12-26 03:43:44 補充:

不管怎麼發生的, 還是非常的不誠實. 這對我來說是個心煩的經驗, 可是我還是希望我的讀者可以了解著作權是對一個作家是非常的重要.

2008-12-26 03:48:13 補充:

所以Midnight Sun會怎麼辦呢? 我第一個感覺是不想繼續寫了. 寫作不像數學; 數學裡, 二家二會一直等於四, 不管你今天的心情如何. 在寫作裡, 心情會影響所有.

2008-12-26 03:49:53 補充:

如果我現在試者寫Midnight Sun的話, 以我現在的情緒, James可能會贏 然後Cullen家所以有人都會死, 所以跟原本的故事一點都不一樣.

2008-12-26 03:51:58 補充:

無論如何, 我對於繼續寫Midnight Sun感到非常的傷心,

2008-12-26 03:54:11 補充:

我希望的我的讀者們不要讀網路上流傳的Midnight Sun. 那只是一份沒寫完的草稿; 還沒經過改過還有很多的錯誤. 不過我要怎麼去評論讓大家不要在去看那不法的張貼呢?

2008-12-26 03:55:56 補充:

我想要趁機謝謝三年以來我所有非常支持我的讀者. 你們每一位對我來說都很重要.

2008-12-26 03:58:57 補充:

我希望這一篇文章可以停止所有的騷動還有混亂 所以暮光之城的世界可以回到以前的快樂. 經過這非常忙碌的一年, 我現在比較專注在陪我的家人還有我其他的作品.

-Stephenie

2008-12-26 04:03:42 補充:

六月二零零八更新: 對於很多封我收到的email有關Midnight Sun來信的回答, 這個禮拜我跟Stephenie聊到然後他要我跟所以讀者知道Midnight Sun是他下一個作品.

2008-12-26 04:06:36 補充:

她還沒有寫完(因為沒有截稿的日期, 所以我們會跟專注的寫 可能會有點久) 不過她很確定的會出版, 在Breaking Dawn出版後. Stephenie會花很多時間專注在Midnight Sun上.

2008-12-26 04:19:31 補充:

比起Twilight的第一章, Midnight Sun的第一章會有比較豐富的故事, 因為在Twilight裡, Bella只有單純的注意到這個帥哥, 可是對於Edward卻是很痛苦的一天 因為他要忍著不殺了她.

2008-12-26 04:26:31 補充:

在來都是她發言人在改Midnight Sun第一章的感想.

Midnight Sun現在還不確定會不會出版

Stephenie覺得她不能夠在讀者已經看過在討論Midnight Sun的環境下繼續寫, 所以她決定休息個兩年, 等大家都已經忘記了這件事 在開始從寫

(這訊息是wikipedia上看到的)

2008-12-26 04:27:17 補充:

我也好希望Midnight Sun可以出版喔!!!

2008-12-28 04:22:12 補充:

謝謝你的肯定 =]

Source(s): myself

除了vava以外,其他看起來都適用翻譯軟體。辛苦了~這可是很長的一篇文章呢

白夜: Edward' 微明的s版本 2008年8月28日 因为你們也许聽見了,白夜我的部份草稿在互聯網非法地被張貼了和virally從那以後被分佈了,不用我的知識或允許或者我的出版者知識或者允許。 我有一個好想法洩漏怎样發生了,尽管有非常留下我的財產白夜的少量拷貝,并且中的每一是獨特的。 由于我做對原稿在不同的时刻的少量变化,我什么时候可以告訴每左邊我的財產,并且對誰它被給了。 在互聯網非法地被分佈的原稿被給了一個好目的被信任的個體。 我沒有在那之外的評論,当我相信沒有與最初的發行的惡意意向。

在它完成了,被編輯了并且被出版了之前,我不要我的讀者體驗白夜。 我認為瞭解大家是重要的什麼發生是巨大的侵害我的权利作為作者,不必提及我作為人。 作為暮色英雄傳奇的作者,我控制版權,并且它是由要決定什么时候的版權的所有者決定應該公开書; 這是同樣音樂家和製片商的。 正因为某人買書或電影或者歌曲或者得到下載互聯網, doesn' 他們擁有权利再生產和分佈它的t手段。 不幸地,與互聯網,人得到和分享不法律上屬於他們的項目是容易的。 無論這做,它是不誠實的。 這是我的非常生氣的經驗,但是我希望它將至少留给我的風扇對版權的更好的理解和藝術性的控制的重要性。

因此這事假白夜的地方? 我的第一種感覺是没有办法繼續的那。 文字isn' t喜歡算術; 在算術,二加上二总是合計四,不管您的心情像。 文字,方式您感覺變動一切。

如果我在我的當前心情设法現在寫白夜,詹姆斯大概會贏取,并且所有Cullens將死, wouldn' t鳩尾榫太很好與原始的故事。

無論如何,我感到太哀傷關於在白夜,发生了什么持续运作和,因此它無限地暫掛。

陰文ㄉ意思是:白夜: Edward' 微明的s版本 2008年8月28日 因为你們也许聽見了,白夜我的部份草稿在互聯網非法地被張貼了和virally從那以後被分佈了,不用我的知識或允許或者我的出版者知識或者允許。 我有一個好想法洩漏怎样發生了,尽管有非常留下我的財產白夜的少量拷貝,并且中的每一是獨特的。 由于我做對原稿在不同的时刻的少量变化,我什么时候可以告訴每左邊我的財產,并且對誰它被給了。 在互聯網非法地被分佈的原稿被給了一個好目的被信任的個體。 我沒有在那之外的評論,当我相信沒有與最初的發行的惡意意向。

Source(s): 網頁翻譯