is stephenie meyer mormon? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!?

i heard shes mormon i dont know much about the religion bbut my brother is bisexual and he knows i like twilight but now he constantly bullies me to stop reading the books becuz he said something about mormons are anti gay bc they went against them or something. plz plz is this true??? im so confused and i know steph meyer isnt anti gay right!? please tell me so i could tell my brother he was wrong for judging her cruelly

THANKS easy 10 points!!!!!

Favorite Answer

Yes, she is Mormon.

We are not anti-gay, just don't think that gays should marry. We believe that any sexual intercourse between persons who are not a man and a woman who are married to each other is a sin.

Stephenie Meyer Mormon

OK, what you need to be concerned about is, is there any anti-gay mormon material in the books, there is not, that I can pick up on, the only mormon theology I find in the books is evil appearing good, and edward having a godlike appearance, and the indians which are the laminites from the mormon book of mormon. No anti-gay material mentioned, just that you should wait until you get married to have sex and women should be stay-at-home mom's thats it, and the last book goes into detail about their makinglove and their is swearing in it, so other then that, no gayness.

Yes, Steph. M. is a Mormon.

Yes, according to the book of Mormon, Mormons are supposed to view homosexuality as a sin.

Homosexuality in the Book of Mormon:

2 Nephi

1. Homosexuality (the sin of Sodom) is evil. 13:9

SM, however, isn't really a devout Mormon. She's more of a Mormon only in name. I have a few friends of the faith and they all agree that writing something like a lustful vampire romance would contradict many of their beliefs.

So she is a Mormon, but she really isn't.

I have no idea what her stance is on gays; I doubt she's disclosed it to anybody. There is a chance she might be anti-gay (there certainly aren't any homosexual characters, "true love" appears only between straight couples, etc), but judging from Twilight, SM doesn't seem to be a religious fanatic.

Don't forget that it was the Mormon church that bankrolled the campaign against Prop8 (gay marriage in California).

So, the Mormon church is one of the most vocal opponents against gay marriage, but we're not sure if SM actually believes in that stuff because, let's face it, if they made Breaking Dawn into a movie it would probably be against her religion to go see it =)

I find it doubtful that she would be against rights for homosexual people.

Source(s): The book of Mormon Twilight Hippo Powers

I'm technically Christan but does that make me Anti-Gay? Of course not I'm one of the most open minded persons you could ever meet! Don't judge a book by its cover based on there religion, and yes Stephenie Meyer is Mormon and no that does not necessarily mean she's closed minded (Anti-Gay). However she really COULD be Anti-Gay you have know way of knowing without really knowing her, you just can't judge people based on things like religion or anything else for that matter.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

i heard shes mormon i dont know much about the religion bbut my brother is bisexual and he knows i like twilight but now he constantly bullies me to stop reading the books becuz he said something about mormons are anti gay bc they went against them or something. plz plz is this true??? im so...

Source(s): stephenie meyer mormon help: https://tr.im/2cpfv

Meyer is Mormon, yes.

I don't think you need to worry too much about sticking up for her. I would imagine that she could not care less about what your brother claims.

Tell your brother to get a life, for God's sake.

Source(s): Writer/Editor
  • Emma

She's Mormon, but I'm not sure how she feels about gays.

yes she is mormon! OH, and BTW not all Mormons are anti-gay. Trust me I am Mormon!

She is Mormon, but I don't know about the anti-gay part.

yes, i am pretty sure she follows the mormon church. i dont know if she is anti-gay tho..