DOES THIS SOUND LIKE SOMEONE WHO IS TRYING TO TWIST TRUE BIBLE MEANINGS TO SUIT HIS OWN AGENDA?

DOES THIS SOUND LIKE SOMEONE WHO IS TRYING TO TWIST TRUE BIBLE MEANINGS TO SUIT HIS OWN AGENDA???. SOMEONE WANTS TO JUSTIFY HOMOSEXUALITY WHEN GOD SAYS IT IS A SIN AND HOMOSEXUALS MUST REPENT. (the yahoo "community" chose this as “best answer” to a question I posted 4 months ago I had about... show more DOES THIS SOUND LIKE SOMEONE WHO IS TRYING TO TWIST TRUE BIBLE MEANINGS TO SUIT HIS OWN AGENDA???. SOMEONE WANTS TO JUSTIFY HOMOSEXUALITY WHEN GOD SAYS IT IS A SIN AND HOMOSEXUALS MUST REPENT.
(the yahoo "community" chose this as “best answer” to a question I posted 4 months ago I had about homosexuality - my ques: Why can homosexuals say Christians are wrong but Christians can't say homosexuals are wrong? A yahoo “notice“, see below, went into my e-mail today on Christmas Eve. I obviously do not agree with this answer.)
See below:

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 are the only direct references to same-gender sex in the Old Testament. They are both part of the Old Testament Holiness Code, a religious, not a moral code; it later became the Jewish Purity Laws. ["Abomination" is used throughout the Old Testament to designate sins that involve ethnic contamination or idolatry. The word relates to the failure to worship God or to worshiping a false god; it does not relate to morality.] This is because God was so determined that his people would not adopt the practices of the Baal worshipers in Canaan, and same-gender sex was part of Baal worship. (The laws say nothing about women engaging in same-gender sex; probably this had to do with man's dominance, and such acts by the subservient had nothing to do with religious impurity.)

God required purity for his worship. Anything pure was unadulterated, unmixed with anything else These Purity Laws prohibited mixing different threads in one garment, sowing a field with two kinds of seed, crossbreeding animals. A few years ago in Israel when an orthodox government came into power, McDonalds had to stop selling cheeseburgers. Hamburgers, OK. Cheese sandwiches, OK. But mixing milk and meat in one sandwich violated the Purity Laws--it had nothing to do with morality. These were laws about worshipping God, not ethics, and so have no bearing on our discussion of morality.

Romans 1:26 and 27 clearly speak of same-gender sex by both men and women, the only passage in the New Testament that does so. Rom. 1:18-32 speaks of Gentiles (heterosexuals) who could and should have known and served and given thanks to God but would not, so God gave them up and let them do whatever they wanted to do, and that resulted in degrading and shameful acts, including same-gender sex. It is almost a moot point, but Paul is not listing sins for which God will condemn anyone, he is listing sins that occur because people have forsaken Him. These are acts committed by those who have turned away from God and so become "consumed with passion." All of us recognize that those who forsake God and give themselves over to lustful living--homosexual or heterosexual--stand condemned by the Bible. This passage is talking about people who chose to forsake God.

I Corinthians 6:9

King James Version:

9...Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate [malakoi], nor abusers of themselves with mankind [arsenokoitai], 10 Nor thieves..., shall inherit the kingdom of God.

New International Version

9...Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes [malakoi] nor homosexual offenders [arsenokoitai] 10 nor thieves...will inherit the kingdom of God.

Revised Standard Version--1952 edition:

9...Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals [malakoi and arsenokoitai], 10 nor thieves..., will inherit the kingdom of God.

Revised Standard Version--1971 edition:

9...Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor sexual perverts [malakoi and arsenokoitai], 10 nor thieves..., will inherit the kingdom of God.

A comparison of how the two Greek words (malakoi and arsenokoitai) are translated in the different versions shows that translations often, unfortunately, become the interpretations of the translators. In I Cor. 6:9 Paul lists the types of persons who will be excluded from the kingdom of God and for some he uses the Greek words malakoi and arsenokoitai. KJ translates the first "effeminate," a word that has no necessary connection with homosexuals. The NIV translates the first "male prostitutes" and the second, "homosexual offenders". The RSV in its first edition of 1952 translated both words by the single term, "homosexuals". In the revised RSV of 1971, the translation "homosexuals" is discarded and the two Greek words are translated as "sexual perverts"; obviously the translators had concluded the earlier translation was not supportable.

Malakoi literally means "soft" and is translated that way by both KJ and RSV in Matt. 11:8 and Luke 7:25. When it is used in moral contexts in Greek writings it has the meaning of morally weak; a related word, malakia, when used in moral contexts, means dissolute and occasionally refers to sexual activity but never to homosexual acts. There are at least five Greek wo
Update: Just want to say Merry Christmas!!! No matter how much Christians are hated for speaking the Truth, Christ will prevail, not as hated but as a Light in the darkness of the world. That is what tomorrow will bring, the birth of Christ, the sacrifice given to redeem all who will only try and see. The deception so... show more Just want to say Merry Christmas!!!

No matter how much Christians are hated for speaking the Truth, Christ will prevail, not as hated but as a Light in the darkness of the world. That is what tomorrow will bring, the birth of Christ, the sacrifice given to redeem all who will only try and see. The deception so many are under can be lifted and they will see.

God Bless You!!!

p.s. this is a legitimate ques., stop saying every ques. contrary to homosexuality is "hateful".
18 answers 18