Can a gay guy fall in love with a girl he is really close to?

I have a guy friend for the past year. We are so close that we spend almost all our time together. He has told me I'm his best friend apart from his Mother. We share the same interests & have a great bond and he even said this to me. Now we share the same apartment. Just a little while ago he confided to me (really embarassed) that he is gay & that he has tried with girls & with guys but he thinks relationships are difficult & he is a free spirit. The thing is, I am the same (except I am not attracted to women, only men). Whenever I talk of travelling, he wants to come with me. Is it possible he could fall in love with me? He keeps telling me I'm beautiful.

Favorite Answer

thats kinda hard to say....really if he told u he was gay then he's gay...alot of "gay'' guys tell me im pretty and actually flirt with me..but at the end of the day i dont take it literally because i know that theyre gay. It is possible for him to fall for u, but would u want to be with him even if he did?

• Noell

gay guy fall love girl close

There is nothing so contrer as the heart . love can happen between anyone , just because a backward society like ours likes to label things this and that means nothing , if you love each other then thats ok , doesnt matter what our sick society labels things does it . ?

we are not born one or the other our heart and loves and desires are unique to each person .

we should be pleased we are all different and not make walls where there should be none but allow love to take its natural corse .

In my opinion, people fall for people, not their genders, u dont need labels, only use it for people to identify who u are.

So yes its possible, because your a person and he is a person, we have very complex brains that we do not understand yet.

But this is what i believe

Adios :)

Of course, "gay" is just a label, that doesn't mean you can't fall in love with a girl. "Gay" doesn't mean the same thing for everyone because everybody has different feelings for everyone. I hope these terms help:

"Heteroflexible" - Straight, but can show feelings for same-sex.

"Homoflexible" - Gay, but can show feelings for the opposite sex.

Source(s): My theory: Anyone can fall in love with ANYBODY.

There is no harm in talking things out between you in private, and trying making out together, then let your hearts and other bits help you decide what you both want!

Yes, it's possible

I believe everyone should try everything..

but to me it sounds like he just adores you.. I think my best friend is beautiful but that doesn't mean i'm in love with her

Just see what happens.. you could fall in love with him too..

Yes. some people are only gay for one person.

Maybe he is straight for only you ;D

I think if someone is gay they are gay unless they are not sure and then they must be bi-sexual, but anything is possible

Since homosexuality is a choice, yes.