Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What does Bethlehem mean? ?

"Bethlehem" means, the "House of Bread"

The "House of Bread" is a reference to August, which is harvest time. It's a great time of year ancient civilizations all looked forward to with great anticipation. The term "house" refers to one of the 12 houses of the Zodiac, which is like a big calendar in the stars. You can tell what time of year it is by observing the stars as they come out just after sunset and then determining where the Sun is in relation to the stars. You determine which constellation or "house" the Sun is in. It's like determining which page of the wall calendar you are turned to. It tells you what month of the year you are in. When the Sun is in the "House of Bread" it's August - it's harvest time! In the "House of Bread" is the constellation Virgo, the virgin. Hence in Bethlehem, the House of Bread, you will find a virgin, the constellation Virgo. Virgo is always depicted as holding either a sheaf of wheat or an ear of corn since she represents harvest time. As the Sun moves through the Zodiac on it's yearly journey, it eventually passes into and out of the House of Bread and moves on to the next house. The Sun moves out of the constellation Virgo, the eternal Virgin, and in so doing figuratively gives birth to the Sun, as the Sun passes out of Virgo the Virgin. Connected in the gospels with this birth of the Sun, or as we are more familiar the "personified Son of the Sun, we see the association of the Virgin, the infant child, the city of the "House of Bread", and the time of the year when the Sun enters Virgo being the time of the harvest. Of course this works only for the Ancients who did not begin their calendars with Virgo but with Capricorn.

I hope you read this article.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Jesus was born in Bethlehem which you correctly interpret as the "house of bread" to fulfill this prophecy.

Micah 5:2 "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times."

Also Jesus said:

John 6:35 Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.

As to astrology, God did say...

Genesis 1:14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years,

From a Jewish perspective...

http://ohr.edu/yhiy/article.php/2394

the signs of the zodiac were positioned at the time of Creation, and their influence is intimated in the Torah. Thus our Talmudic Sages describe in great detail the dynamic between the progression of the creation of the zodiac signs and their corresponding influence on Mankind (Pesikta, ch. 4). Furthermore, the entire wisdom of the Torah, including the knowledge of the zodiac, was taught by G-d to Adam and his descendents. Even though it was eventually perverted and incorporated by most of humanity into idol worship, a select few such as Abraham retained its true meaning.

Elul is Betula/Virgo/Virgin corresponding to Gad and the faculty of Action. This is the month of repenting, to purify our thoughts and deeds in preparation of Rosh Hashana.

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

• 4 years ago

What Does Bethlehem Mean

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I did read your article and found it interesting. Being raised atheist, I never paid attention to horror-scopes, even in my adult life. I always understood that Bethel meant house of god, and Bethlehem was a location. A lot of christian religion was modelled off the egyptians. They worshipped a family household god named Bes. He was a dwarf god.

• bwlobo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

O little town of Bethlehem,

How still we see thee lie.

Above thy deep and dreamless sleep

The silent stars go by;

Yet in thy dark streets shineth

The everlasting Light;

The hopes and fears of all the years

Are met in thee tonight.

Source(s): bwlobo
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bethlehem is where Jesus was born!

• 1 decade ago

that also explains why King Elvis recorded for Sun records.

• 1 decade ago

i jus watched a doco on youtube bout this article.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

OOOoooo astrology... yuck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.