Electrical Issue - hallway light in one of the units in a 4 plex turns off the basement light in another unit?

Hi, I guess an electrician should take a look at this "wires gone wrong" situation. since it is not my field of expertise (I am a real estate investor) I wanted to ask if this is usually something very simple to resolve for an electrician or is it actually complicated? Again, turning on the hallway light... show more Hi, I guess an electrician should take a look at this "wires gone wrong" situation. since it is not my field of expertise (I am a real estate investor) I wanted to ask if this is usually something very simple to resolve for an electrician or is it actually complicated? Again, turning on the hallway light inside one of the apartments turns off the basement light in another. THANKS. ps. i recently purchase this 4-plex and previously there was no issue because the old man in one of the units did not use that light. now that he left the new tenant might want to use it so i guess i have to fix it. regards.