Craig asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

MFI - Prood of Debt form?

my mam payed full cash for a desk from MFI and with them going into administration they sent us 'a prood of debt form' to fill in, does anyone understand these questions on the form...

1)Particulars of any security held, the value of the security, and the date it was given.

2)Particulars of any reservation of title claimed in respect of goods supplied to which the claim relates.

Favorite Answer

Basically this form is sent out to all the creditors of MFI & as you have given them money & not received the goods, you are therefore a creditor.

I think you need to just fill in the amount you are owed & attach a copy of the receipt.

I don't think the second part applies to you. I work for a bank & used to have to fill in Proof of Debt forms all the time. They are generic & the same standard form goes out to everyone, personal & business, so just put N/A in that box.

Hope this helps!

The first question is asking what you have paid them, so give details (that it was for a desk, but if you can tell them more information then that's helpful), tell them the value (amount paid), and the date it was paid. All of this information will be on the receipt. Just to explain the question, "security" would usually relate to a deposit, but if she's paid cash up front then it's relating to the whole amount paid.

I don't really understand the second part myself. "Reservation of title" is relating to who is claiming ownership of the item. And as for "respect of goods supplied", well, nothing has been supplied yet. I would probably just leave that part blank. Or maybe call them and ask them to explain it - I bet the person who picks up the phone will have a great time trying to tell you what it means!

Hello

1) This would be security given for the debt by MFI, most usually, a charging order against property. This is usually more relevant to mortgage/loan companies or creditors with charging orders. unless you have a charging order against MFI, this would be N/A

2)

If you were a supplier and you supplied a customer with 10 planks of wood, and under your T&C's You had retention of title of those planks until your customer paid, you would need to fill this in and submit your terms and conditions. however this part is also not relevant to your mum's situation so N/A

Source(s): legal advisor in insolvency

Simply send them a copy of the purchase agreement or receipt. But don't hold your breath, it will take a long time if at all.