What does Shalom mean?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

SHALOM IS A HEBREW WORD THAT MEANS PEACE. ok slan!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Shalom means peace in Hebrew,

Just like Salam means peace in Arabic.

• 1 decade ago

I am a Christian but I know that the Hebrew word “Shalom” means “peace” or “wholeness”. Interestingly, there’s a passage in the New Testament in which Christ says to His disciples shortly before His crucifixion, “My peace I leave with you.” The word He used for “peace” was probably Aramaic, but it was equivalent to “Shalom.”

Source(s): A Christian book I read once. Can’t remember the title or author.
  • 1 decade ago

Shalom can mean peace or goodbye/farewell/till we meet again

its in a song =)

shalom my frend shalom my frend shaloooooooooooom shaloooooom till we meet again till we meet again shalom shaaaalom

xxx

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

"Shalom" means 'peace'; but it is used as a greeting or farewell. In Jewish culture when you meet someone you say 'Shalom', also when you are leaving.

• 1 decade ago

Peace. Compare with Salaam. Hebrew and Arabic are both Semitic languages. Unfortunately the true meaning of the word seems to have escaped several people who use the word in either version.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Shalom means "peace" or even "goodbye" - http://therefinersfire.org/meaning_of_shalom.htm

• 1 decade ago

It means:

Hello/goodbye (a greeting and a blessing, meaning peace - see below)

Peace (as in nothing missing, nothing broken, nothing lost, nothing lacking, good stuff to the full)

Friendship

Wellbeing

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it means peace, and it is usualy used by jewish people in a lot of ocasions. a common one is on shabat when they say shabat shalom.

sry my spelling

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.