Bail out the US automakers?

How many people out there agree that bail out money should be going to the US automakers? Do you think it's right or wrong and why?

Favorite Answer

they should be allowed to fail, declare bankruptsy and try to reorganize and get rid of the unions. its the American way. for the Govt. to reward failure is just wrong.

Yell right give it to a bunch of greedy executives who are out to protect them selves

?

Look at what it cost them to fly those corporate Jets to Washington DC to ask for money to keep the business in business

.

And when they have gotten that money the first thing on the list to do with it was to pay the year end bonuses to the board of directors

.

Cause if they didn't get their unfair cut they would quit

.

And to make a product sell that was not making ends meet when the times were good

.

To think they can when Toyota is on the down side for the first time in its history

.

Is Stupid To Even Consider That A near Dead Company Can do Better

.

No I am not anti American just pissed off as hell seeing how these Creeps can take millions for them selves out of the bail out money

.

And America is worried about terrorist that's a joke

Look at What corporate America is doing to America

Out sourcing all its production

Harley Davidson parts are made in get ready for this

Vietnam and China and other Middle Eastern countries

.

Go into a Harley Davidson dealer ship and pick up anything on the floor they sell as an accessory and see where it is made

.

Get my idea

.

Greed

.

Flat out Greed

.

Where was the bail out money for me when my convenience store went belly up? I did not get any - would not have got if I asked. So my answer is no. If you start a business and can't make it you won't either. I have always been a General Motors product driver but you know Ford may have a better idea after all. LOL

Source(s): me, myself and I
  • ?

expensive, that's undesirable that this form of argument is going on interior the rustic at this 2d. i'm no longer from the rustic yet am particular Japan and different rising automobile making worldwide places could be extremely joyful if this debate is going on for a protracted time for this reason delaying any significant judgements. they are going to be clinking their glasses if the companies are denied a bail - out. the automobile marketplace is between the final employers of labour interior the U. S. and that i assemble that that's interior the neighbourhood of 10 - 15% of workers. that's between the main important drivers of the yankee economic device with reliable family individuals multipliers with distinctive implications for different sectors of the yankee economic device. If this marketplace is authorized to die, that's going to be annoying to enhance a sparkling one to swap it effectively and via then, the eastern and different Asian tigers could have become dominant interior the marketplace. Why are you bailing out the Finance marketplace yet between the very sustenance that the finance marketplace desires to be firmly time-honored and rooted is what you want to die. Its humorous good judgment. In a recession basically like the single interior the U. S., you may reflate the economic device meaning which you may improve or stimulate spending. whilst they're bailed out, automobile marketplace spending will improve, workers of the marketplace have secure buying skill, self belief is bouyed, different sectors obtain spending from the automobile marketplace and an identical reward are bigger repeatedly. Thats how worldwide places come out of recession and that's the reason they could be bailed out.

• Sandy

My first reaction is to say NO!, those fat cats in their private jets don't deserve it, but upon further reflection, I know that that this is going to affect everyone along the supply chain (those who supply the tires, those who supply the rubber to the tire makers, those who supply the steel, the material for the other parts of the cars, etc, those who own car dealerships), all these people are gonna lose their jobs. When I think of all these people, I think they do need the bailout. In addition, those who already drive those cars now will not find the people to service their cars, nor will they be able to find the spare parts when needed. Ultimately, this is not a clear-cut issue. I never like to see the small people get hurt.

NO, NO, NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No bail outs for anybody.

This ball has just started rolling. Home builders, state governments, medical providers are all lining up to get their hand out. This is insane!

I don't depend on the government for crap. THey don't offer me any service what so ever. I just tested for my contractor license about three weeks ago. Passed and the license is posted on the web, but I am still waiting for the official paper. I can't work until I have it. Government sucks. Mt father in law passed this past May. My wife and I had to pay his tax bill from 2006. We will also have to pay for 2007 and 2008. He didn't leave any money, but uncle sam says we are responsible or we could go to jail. America, your Government sucks, and everyday, it will get worse. Soon you will all be wards of the state !!!!!!!!

• Chuck

Automakers shouldn't be getting a bailout. Banks, mortgage companies, and dead beat homeowners shouldn't have gotten a bailout either.

The auto makers will be back for more and more and more.

What the people think in this country does not matter. Your government is bought and owned by the super rich. It NO LONGER belongs to you ( if it ever did ) !!!!!!!

no itshould not, well it should ,but it won't .its going to the UAW!