How long can a person survive without eating?

My boyfriend was arrested for expressing his freedom of speech. If it goes to court he'll absolutely be found innocent; I'm sure of it. The jail he's in won't provide him with vegan food! And they won't even let me bring him any food because they say it's a "security issue!" Please... show more My boyfriend was arrested for expressing his freedom of speech. If it goes to court he'll absolutely be found innocent; I'm sure of it. The jail he's in won't provide him with vegan food! And they won't even let me bring him any food because they say it's a "security issue!" Please help me. I'm so scared; I don't know why the police are doing this to us! What ever happened to protect and serve!? He's probably going to be in there for awhile (probably no more than 2 weeks though) and I'm scared for his life! His non-vegan parents hate me and say I'm "encouraging" him, but he was vegan before we met anyway! I can't sleep. This is keeping me awake. I don't want him to get sick. This is not how I wanted our Christmas to be! Please help me. Thank you....

Please don't answer just to be rude. Your answer will be reported and ignored. This is something I need serious answers for.
Update: Thank you so much to everyone for your answers... I was really expecting a lot of trolls to answer. We have decided we're definitely going to fight this, even for the very short amount of time that he's actually in jail (there's no way he'll be found guilty in court because his arrest was illegal...... show more Thank you so much to everyone for your answers... I was really expecting a lot of trolls to answer. We have decided we're definitely going to fight this, even for the very short amount of time that he's actually in jail (there's no way he'll be found guilty in court because his arrest was illegal... all he did was practice his entirely legal free speech). My only concern is how long this will all take. I'm also going to be contacting the ACLU which I didn't think of before so thank you for that. This is all a lot to go through around this time of year but there is no reason that the jail can't serve him vegan food AND won't even let me bring him some!