Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 decade ago

Does "Me too" have a comma between the "me" and the "too"?

I don't know... I always say "Me, too" but my friend recently told me there's not supposed to be a comma, and I didn't want to be proven wrong so I just said okay... now I'm wondering if there should be a comma there! :S

Favorite Answer

This answer appears on "The Grammarphobia Blog." It argues that the relationship between the comma and too is a stylistic, rather than a purely grammatical, one.

<<A comma, too?

A: In the universe of yeses and noes, this is a maybe [referring to a question about whether to use a comma before too] (which explains why two intelligent people can disagree about it). There's no grammatical rule that says you must use a comma with "too" in the kind of sentence you describe. It's largely optional, and depends on the inflection the writer intends. In the case of "too," use a comma if you intend to emphasize a pause.

Take your example: "Steve likes chocolate ice cream too." Context might call for a comma or it might not. If Grandma has just given Steve's pushy little brother Sam a scoop of ice cream, and their mother wants to suggest that shy little Steve should get the same, she might say, "Steve likes chocolate ice cream, too." (With a little lilt at the end, emphasizing the "too.")

But if Mom is just describing a catalog of the stuff that Steve likes, and has already mentioned, say, vanilla ice cream, she might say, "Steve likes chocolate ice cream too." (No particular inflection there.) It's often a judgment call.">>

Comma Too

No there isnt a comma in between them... by using the word Too... You are saying "Me also"... think of a comma as a slight break in between sentences, then think about how you would say Me too with a break in between, doesnt really work

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Does &quot;Me too&quot; have a comma between the &quot;me&quot; and the &quot;too&quot;?

I don&#39;t know... I always say &quot;Me, too&quot; but my friend recently told me there&#39;s not supposed to be a comma, and I didn&#39;t want to be proven wrong so I just said okay... now I&#39;m wondering if there should be a comma there! :S

Source(s): quot quot comma quot quot quot quot: https://tr.im/Pg3mo

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/zZiE7

No. You only need a comma between adjectives when there are three or more.

There is no comma. Your friends were correct. Asking questions is a sign of inteligence. Never stop asking questions.

Source(s): College english

No, but it's easier to remember when it's exclamatory. "Me too!" That's easy to remember.

Sorry if I sound mean or something....

nope no comma (:

No there isnt

there isn't