Why do ppl hate on Twilight?

i dont understand...

Best Answer

I also don't understand the haters. I mean everyone has a right to their own opinion so if they don't like the books, fine. That's ok. It drives me crazy though, when people who have never read them say they suck.They are judging the book. They say it just to be different. I don't understand that.

I also think that people who hate the books put an equal amount of attention on hating the books as people who love them do loving the books. (if that makes any sense;]) I mean if you hate it, then why do you put so much effort into tearing it down??? You aren't going to change our opinions.....so why bother?

I just feel like they post questions about hating them, just to put us down.

(I am probably going to get lots of thumbs down, but that is my opinion. I'm sorry if you don't agree)

1. Twilight's characters are not real vampires; which are human monsters, not pretty lovers. They are to be feared. 2. Twilight made vampires look like anti-heroes, which they are not. 3. Twilight turned vampires into a young girl's fantasy... which would be okay if I hadn't been a young girl when this book came out. 4. Twilight is a very boring book. I couldn't read it. And this was before we got the internet modem installed in my home. So had nothing to do but read. 5. I felt very awkward reading those descriptions about Edward. 6. And lastly, how could you like a book that talks about how beautiful, and strong, etc, a 17-year-old boy is until near the end of the book? If I wanted that, I would've went hunting for it.

Because some of us have a more advanced taste in literature, I read Agatha Christie, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Shakespeare, Jane Austen etc. and I am 14 so Twilight to me is just a childish book and it really has no point. In stories I look for a moral or a lesson I can learn but in Twilight it is shallow, there is no plot and there is no moral that I can see. The characters in Twilight also bug me, Bella seems to be dependent, it seems she doesn't have a free will when it comes to her relationship with Edward and he seems possessive and controlling and people think that is ok. Mostly people just don't like that extremely mushy and gross romance, and it's their opinion.

For a lot of reasons. Google "anti-Twilight" and read some of the editorials about Twilight, and you should get the idea.

Here's a quick recap:

A) The book is badly written.

B) The relationships are unhealthy.

C) It has gained a huge cult following that annoys the heck out of the rest of us.

D) Whenever someone says they don't like Twilight, they are subjected to a barrage of inane comments about why, how, and then the inevitable "If you read the book, you would love it." Its not a drug. Read it. Not in love.

E) Worst of all, people don't let antis get their space to express opinion.

Well, for one thing, different people like different things.

Many people (including myself) think it's badly written, the plot it boring and very predictable, the characters are shallow and vapid, and there are probably many others.

It's also the fact that there are so many obsessed teenage girls who have nothing better to do with their life than obsess over FICTIONAL characters.

I myself read the books when they first came out, and have seen the movie. But it's lost pretty much every single ounce of its charm due to the fact that there's all these screaming fan girls who are giving other teenage girls a bad name.

Besides, there are plenty of other GOOD books out there, ones that are actually worth reading.

EDIT: Something else I just thought of. In my opinion, the books are also quite offending to women. They don't portray Bella as a strong girl, one who can actually think and do things for herself. Personally, I'd much rather read a book where the girl has a mind of her own and can stand up for herself. In which case, I'd highly recommend reading Graceling, a new book that came out by Kristin Cashore.

Source(s): Avid reader, 14 on the 27th.

Me: I hate it because it's being compared to better books and the author is being compared with people that have better writing styles. Plus the work is really unoriginal for me. I've read about 1,000 other vampire books with the same plot line. The better part was the other books described sex!

Honestly I used to like the book, but now I hate it...

Everyone else: Other reason's I guess.

Mostly we're hating on the rabid fans. The book is okay, but it has a lot of flaws. It's nothing to obsess over. Believe me, there ARE other books out there, and most of them are better than the Twilight series.

like most people say...all the girls are obsessed with it and like you give it way too much attention. YES i have read it once and had to go see the movie with my girlfriend and a lot of her friends but i mean really......its not the worst thing on the planet,,,but i mean for real...

Twilight-its an effin book,get over it.....

Badly written, mediocre, abomination to literature, ruins the vampire name, purple prose, 2D characters, bad messages to readers, and the fan base doesn't help.

Some people hate it because they think it's an awful book, badly written and everything.

Others hate it because everyone else loves it. It's psychological. They want to be different.

Still others, like me, used to really like it, but are starting to hate it because of all the Twilight questions (cough, cough) taking over the Books and Authors section, a great majority from people who only want to gush over Edward, not really talk about the book.