Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Do you feel bad when you ask a question about old people dying and a really old person answers it?

Say they might be the next one to die.....would that hurt your feelings, or are you a jerk?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I am a jerk.

The nursing home down the street from me has razor wire at the top of the fence that surrounds the building.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think an older person would be hurt or offended by someone just asking for information. Older people are generally open and up front about the subject of death. I would be very careful how I worded the question, so it didn't come off as disrespectful. Speaking as an older person, I'm not happy about the fact that I have moved to "the front of the line" so to speak, and the only time I get offended (and angry) is when someone makes flip remarks about it like:

"How's it feel to have one foot in the grave?" Life's a funny thing anyway, just because you're old doesn't necessarily mean you're next to go....

• kennie
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

I had an answer for you too, yet observed it became into deleted. here it relatively is: I hate while human beings declare to appreciate precisely how i've got self belief, so I won't say that I do, yet i'm enormously rattling close. I believe you. Society places the ball interior the guy's court docket to make the 1st pass. I understand which would be daunting, yet i visit tell you this - some females like shy adult men. they are appealing. they have an air of puzzle approximately them, and it extremely is been my adventure that once you do get them to open up, they carry a large verbal replace. do no longer placed lots tension on your self. do no longer inevitably forget approximately with regard to the issue, yet attempt and concentration on something else. soak up an interest in school to objective and meet some human beings. Get out of the domicile. save on holding on. it extremely is all any persons relatively can do. yet once you're extremely depressed, you could proceed to pass to a psychologist. in case you suspect in soulmates - and that i will anticipate you do when you consider which you point out your "dream female" and such - you will have self belief me as quickly as I inform you that there is somebody for you. no count number in case you suggestions-set her when you consider which you're so interested in her that your shyness does not count number or she strategies you because of the fact the attraction is so large, it is going to take place. you're youthful. you have a sturdy sixty plus years previous to you. do no longer end it now. Love would be a great issue and you certainly prefer to stick around to adventure it. Shoot me an digital mail sometime in case you prefer an ear to pay attention. i've got have been given 2 of 'em. =)

• 1 decade ago

This time of the year I am a big jerk. All of those happy husbands pushing their babies in a shopping cart at Target. I just want to run over Mommy with her Honda CRV.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm never concerned about old people dying because it's expected and people always "celebrate" their lives when they die.

When kids and babies die the funerals are horrible and their deaths drag on forever... Like it'll be when they kid's supposed to go to prom and the parents start to cry.

Or it'll be the graduation and the parents cry.

wedding...cry

cry

cry

• Paige
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

you're not a jerk;

it is the truth, right?

there comes a time in life when you realize that you will have to die and are no longer afraid.

• lobo27
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I don't think they got to be old by crying every time they got to answer a question.

grabs a hand full of dirt, and a rose by the thorns.

tosses them in the hole and licks the wound.

that's more than they would have dun for me.

• 1 decade ago

I'm a jerk

• 1 decade ago

No. Not at all. They've thought about this, and you are asking. It's great that they answer.

If I was old, I'd tell you.

• 1 decade ago

old people don't fear death if the have god in their life,most of them just want to go home (heaven).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.