why does ps3 exclusives dont sell good?

i mean, these hot titles such as resistance 2, little big planet, valkyria chronicles,motorstorm pacific rift dont sell good in the market.

• Nomad
    Favorite Answer

because the ps3 isnt really selling well. a lot of people dont view what the ps3 offers is worth the price. This is in part becasue MS has done very well advertising the 360, Sony has pretty much dropped the ball with the ps3. they need to advertise it better than they have. it truly is a worthwhile investment, and they need to convey that to the public.

the same goes with the games for ps3, i havent seen one ad for valkyria chronicles, only a few for motorstorm and resistance. LBP i have seen quite a few ads. But still they need to step it up in advertisement

This is just my take. i really like my ps3, and i wish sony would advertise it better so more people can enjoy it.

I think sony and apple could and should work together. MS greatest rival are these two companies. Sony and apple could make the ps3 and apple products(such as ipods iphones etc) and software like itunes. Plus apple could help with advertisements. im not a fan of macs, but apple does a very good job advertising them

Some are not that good, like Motorstorm.

I mean compare the new motorstorm with racing games like Burnout, Grid and Mid Night Club LA. Then you see the gameplay videos, would you go for motorstorm or one of the other three.

And the game developers should make the trailer better so that they can leave the consumer wanting more. A good example, watch the rendezvous trailer for Gears of War 2, that trailer leaves you wanting more.

Another reason might be money. If Sony doesn't have all that money that Microsoft has, then Sony might not be able to advertise the way Microsoft does like signing deals with sode companies to put pictures of their games on them

Well first off, GTA is available for PS3. However, Microsoft signed a contract giving them exclusive rights to downloadable content for GTA. In other words you can only get the game extensions from Xbox Live, not Playstation Network. Secondly, Microsoft is not being greedy. It's called DOING BUSINESS. Microsoft obviously knows how to succeed, and Xbox exclusive games are part of the reason they've been so successful. Oh, and because nobody wants a PS3.

Keep in mind that the majority of gamers either have XBOX 360's or Wii's. Games wont sell as well when not as many people own the console which holds the exclusive.

We are also in a recession. People are buying less and less. People stick to a few good games (a lot of times multiplatform) and don't bother with other games. And with Xmas in a few days, people are probably expecting those hot exclusives for Xmas, instead of paying for them themselves.

EDIT: and like nomad said. Sony needs to start advertising better. Sony can not depend on the hard core alone. Most of the hard core picked up there copies of the hot titles this season, but the casual crowd doesn't know the difference between an excellent game and a bad game. And Sony isn't advertising to those casual gamers to attract them into buying hard core titles

• Me??

Its mostly because they're not all hyped up.

Take a look at how Microsoft hypes up their exclusives.

Ex: Halo 3.

They made a deal with Burger King and BK soda cups had Halo 3 pictures all over them.

You never see Sony doing that.

Ex2: Gears of War 2

Commercials every 5 minutes. Every station I went on had commercials advertising Gears of War 2.

Sony doesn't do that.

But they definably should if they want to sell more.

Just wait man,the world will see the awesome might of PS3 when the big daddy comes out next year(I hhope).

I'm talking about none other than PS1 and PS2 system sellers,GRAN TURSIMO.

Once GT5 come sout on PS3,Sony will have to triple the annual production runs to accomodate the public demand.

GT5 WILL turn the tides in PS3's favour,mark my words my friend.

All these other exclusives are inferior to GT5.

well its because they are being overshadowed i mean littlebigplanet is doing best which is wierd because resistance 1 sold 3 million but look at whats been out Gears of War 2 Fallout 3 and Call of Duty World at War they are pcking multiplatform instead i mean Call of Duty world at War sold klike 800,000 more copies than R2

popularity my friend .., xbox and wii is the most famous now and ps3 exclusive didn't attract so well and the hype isn't so big compared with xbox or wii ...

btw im a ps3 owner . don't get me wrong

I don't really know.

I thought they did.Games like MGS4 did sold well.