promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Playoff question for AFC East?

Okay I live in Foxboro so naturally im a patriots fan. I understand my whole picture. Bassically if pats win and jets win we get in. What I want to know is what is happening with the Wildcard situation If we win and baltimore losses We get a wild card.

In this scenario Pats win Jets win and Ravens Lose what happens. So far on Espn they say every scenario but that right now the dolphins are in for the east.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

AFC East

Miami (10-5) makes the post-season with a win on the road against the New York Jets. The Dolphins could also sneak in with a loss if New England loses against Buffalo and Baltimore drops its match against Jacksonville.

The Jets (9-6) make the playoffs with a victory at home against the Dolphins, plus either a Patriots loss at Buffalo or a Ravens loss to the Jaguars.

The Patriots (10-5) make the playoffs with a win against the Bills and either a New York win over Miami — which would win them the division — or a Baltimore loss to Jacksonville.

Eliminated: Buffalo

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If the Pats and Jets win, and Baltimore loses, then New England is AFC East champ and New York wins a wildcard.

After what Baltimore did to Dallas on Saturday night I hope they win the wildcard; no good deed should go unrewarded.

• KENTA
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The Ravens hold the tiebreaker so if you guys and the Ravens have the same record, they trump you.

Two thing will get you guys in the playoffs,

You win and the Ravens lose to the Jags. Possible, but unlikely given the way the Ravens have been playing.

You win and the Dolphins lose to the Jets. That will give you guys the division title due to the better record.

Both ways count on you guys winning, so you should worry more about the Pats winning than the Fins or Ravens losing right now.

• Mike
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

If the pats win and The ravens Lose No matter the outcome of the dolphins vs jets game the pats will have clinched at least a wildcard.

If pats win and the ravens lose and the jets win, then Pats win the division and jets became the wildcard.

If the pats win and the ravens lose, and the dolphins beat the jets than, dolphins win the division, but the pats get the #6 seed.

If the ravens win, ravens clinch a wildcard and the pats only way to get in is a win, plus a dolphins lost.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

ravens own the tie breaker vs. patsies. if ravens win they are in. if the dolphins win they are in. as a consolation to you, the patsies have the easiest opponent.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

screw you *** hole i like the ravens

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.