Can I still get into a top law school with my GPA?

I go to Vanderbilt University (a top 20 university) and I will be applying to law school next fall (it will be my senior year). I currently have a cumulative GPA of 3.027 and I wanted to know, given my GPA, if I would be able to get into a law school that is ranked within the top 15? The reason my GPA is so low is... show more I go to Vanderbilt University (a top 20 university) and I will be applying to law school next fall (it will be my senior year). I currently have a cumulative GPA of 3.027 and I wanted to know, given my GPA, if I would be able to get into a law school that is ranked within the top 15? The reason my GPA is so low is because I had an extremely bad semester where I was clinically depressed. Thus, being depressed led to me not doing so well in two of my classes (Stats- D+ and American Political Thought- C+) That being said, I have still been involved in many different things on and off my campus including starting a class that is offered to students in the fall and taking time to help a distinguished tenured professor write a book. I have also interned for a member of congress as well as a state senator. I have even taken time to get involved with the case of a man in TN wrongly convicted of a crime and who sits on death row (I literally go to the prison to visit him). Basically I have the right resume but I am extremely worried that my GPA will be a detriment to me and restrict me from applying to law schools such as Harvard, UVA, Georgetown, U Chicago or Duke. I honestly do not know what to do, any suggestions?
4 answers 4